Sweet Goodnight

9:30 in the evening and my cozy fluffy bed is calling me. Every now and then I would yawn. Eyelids are getting heavier and heavier. “Come… come…”My bed is whispering to my ears. “Close… close your eyes and rest” my eyelids mumbled. Their voices are very alluring, gentle, soft and melodious. I want to sleep but I also want to stay up late. What’s holding me back?

I looked at the watch… 10:00 pm. “Come and lay here. Come… come…” I yawn and slapped my face to stay awake. I don’t want to sleep. “Close… Close your eyes and rest” I yawn. I shook my head and open my eyes wide. No. I can’t sleep. Not now. I’ll fight just to stay awake.

“Come and lay here. Come… come…” and I was defeated by my bed. I rested my stiff body on the mattress covered with my favorite silky fabric. I didn’t lay there to sleep. I still fought the urge of getting an adequate sleep. Not yet. Too early, I checked my watch, 10:43, pretty late but early for a reason.

“Close… Close your eyes and rest” my eyelids murmured. “Ignore it” I said and glanced at the clock… 11:15 is still early to sleep for a reason.

I don’t want to sleep. I’m still having a sweet conversation with the person I want to be with, the person whom I needed to stay forever with me. I won’t sleep until he tells me or until I am at my limits.

I can still fight, so I will.

I don’t want to end this day instantly. It is a long day. Every minute is important if I’m chatting with you. No second must be wasted if we’re having a sweet talk. The hands of time wouldn’t stop if I asked it to, so I won’t sleep. Every moment with you is genuine.

“Tick-tock-tick-tock” hurts my ears. I want to stop the time just for the two of us. I know I am not capable of such power. The only remedy is to stay awake and be with you.

12:05 am and now I can’t keep my eyes open any longer. I told you I’m sleepy. A simple “Goodnight” is all it takes for me to have a delightful sleep.