The riddle

The rain didn't stop until the sun disappeared. Throughout the night you could hear the sound of the water getting drained from the arena. Everyone was so tired but they couldn't find the will to fall asleep, they were scared. Scared that if they closed their eyes another catastrophe would find them before they could react.

As the moon shone brightly throughout the arena, two lost souls looked up at ball of light. Jungkook was laying on his back on the roof of a building while Y/n had tied herself on a tree branch. They both looked at the night sky thinking about their situation.

Guilt and regret had taken over Jungkook as he couldn't forgive himself for leaving Y'n and stealing from her. She had already saved her more than once and he betrayed her. Y/n on the other hand felt betrayed, used, manipulated. She felt so stupid for trying to save Jungkook.

Everything her father had taught her was thrown out the window at the mere sight of him, she should have been more careful. Letting out a long sigh she managed to clear her head, her hand reached into her backpack taking out the map and her flashlight.

Her eyes went over the paper as she tried to figure out where the entrance of the tunnels was. A red dot marked her current position and she made mental notes on the route she needed to take. She needed to find Namjoon, and right now nothing meant more than that.

Without a second thought she unties herself from the tree and skillfully climbs down making sure to be quiet. With the map in her hands she makes her way towards the entrance of the underground tunnels. She made her way through the darkness, being aware of her surroundings.

Finally she reached a huge willow tree whose leaves came all the way down to the ground. She pushed past them and finally got to the tree trunk where apparently the entrance was supposed to be. Y/n looked at the tree perplexed, double checking the map in case she made a mistake. But she wasn't this was the place she was supposed to be at.

She placed the map back in her backpack taking out the flashlight once again. She walked all around the tree, checking every nook and cranny to find the entrance but to no avail. In a moment of frustration she tripped over something and fell onto the ground. She lifted her body off the ground to check what she tripped on and her face lit up.

She could barely make out the small handle of the hatch. They really did a good job at hiding this thing. Without hesitation she grabbed the flashlight and went over to the hatch trying to open the door. They really didn't want anyone to open this and it took her quite a while to get it open but once she did she took a final glance at her surroundings before jumping in and closing the hatch.

 They really didn't want anyone to open this and it took her quite a while to get it open but once she did she took a final glance at her surroundings before jumping in and closing the hatch

A dark hallway with small wall lights illuminating it was the only thing she could see. It was cold and humid down there making her shiver as her clothes were still wet from the rain. But she couldn't care less at the moment. She took the map out once again, trying to figure out how to get to the city.

The route was clear on the map and Y/n began to walk down the hallway, her footsteps echoed on the concrete walls and she could see her breath because of the cold. A shiver ran down her spine as she halted her steps. A small sound was heard from behind her in the dark halls, as if someone or something was trying to stay quiet.