1- Wandering and Killing

As I walked through the city looking for shelter, I was hungry. My age is 9. Most kids my age would have been at a home at their bed since it was almost midnight. I had no home. My parents had left me long ago and went to a better place like they say. I was starving and I had walked for hours.

The light I had was the ones of the street lights which kept flickering making it kinda creepy. I would have been scared if I hadn't gotten used to it. My long black hair shined with the light reflecting on it. My pants were ripped by the knees and my shirt wasn't good for the cold weather. It was winter and it almost seemed like it would snow soon. My black hoodie was the onnly thing keeping me warm.

I kept walking until I saw this man. The same man that had been there that day. He was the murderer. Killed my best and only friend back then in front of me. I saw my friend die on my arms. Slowly and painfully. I felt anger. Not because of him dying, but because I couldn't do anything to save him.

The man was looking at a house. His binoculars pointed at the house of the Smiths. What did he want with them? Then it occurred to me. He wanted to kill them. They were a rich family who contributed with the economy. They tried their best to help the mayor. The secret was that they actually did it to get more money.

I slowly sneaked behind the man in some bushes. I tried to not make much sound so he wouldn't catch me. I was lucky he was wearing headphones. I had made some rustling sounds in the leaves. I saw his left pocket had a gun and the right one had a blade. It was a simple switchblade. It was sharp and small but efficient in stabbing people.

I knew his plan and I didn't want to let him do it. I wanted to take revenge. I took the blade without him noticing. Moving my hand slowly to take it. When the blade was at my pocket I his and waited. He just kept looking at the house. Silent.

2 hours have passed. He moved into a gap at the gate to enter. I followed him slowly and as quiet as I could. I had the blade. I didn't know why I was following him instead of killing him. I am glad I decided to follow him.

He looked at a mechanical box outside at the house's wall. The green light it emmitted turned off. It was the house's security system. He entered the house and slowly went to the living room. As I entered few seconds after he did, I felt a chill. I didn't like the house. I hated the selfish owners of the house.

I decided to act now. I walked right behind him and stabbed his right lung. Then I pulled the blade back, which was difficult since I wasn't too strong and it got stuck, and stabbed his neck. When I took the blade back he fell the the ground. His lifeless body layed over a puddle of red blood. It was a view I enjoyed.

I decided to go into the room where the two adults were. The smiths were sleeping and I had an idea. I'll kill them. I will end their greed. I walked slowly to them. I stabbed them both in the lungs too so they wouldn't scream. I then stabbed their arms and then their heads. I was amused. Their expressions were priceless. Before the man died he quietly asked who I was. Who am I? I mean, I had many names at the foster home.

I ran outside the house and left. I took the blade and entered the woods. I ran to the small abandoned house I always went to when I needed to hide. Cops didn't like my pranks. I got in trouble few times. I jumped to the bed and layed there. In few seconds I fell asleep. After all, this was the day that changed my life.