Covered in the Shadows

~2 years later~

I have been living in the woods for about 2 years. I've been eating the plants that I found which were edible. I trained every single day unless I had injuries or sickness. It was a life full of challenges and improvement. I felt different. Stronger than the night I killed. I'm 11 years old now. Lately I've been hearing a voice in my head. It tells me to keep going on. To kill again.

I got a knife and a switchblade at my shelter and a few apples I recently picked up. It was a good place to survive in. Well. To me it was. At night, I thought about the town. Maybe I could go to find items that would help me. And if I was lucky, a new switchblade. The only thing stopping me is that I remembered that a camera saw me kill those people. That night I killed them 2 years ago.

I just had to go. I wanted to get the items really bad. When I finally decided to go. I grabbed the old, black jacket and put it on. I put my hat on and covered part of my face with a cloth.it was really hard to recognize who I was with me like this. Time to go back to town.

I picked up my switchblade and hid it in my pocket. I started walking to the town slowly and quietly. Passing the giant oak wood tree, I noticed the town's recently made tower. It was enormous. I decided to go near there just to take a look. From the woods I went to the outskirts of town. I thought there would be a fence but there wasn't. It was completely passable.

10:09 A.M. I  got to the side of the tower and its a company. The owner of the place was the owner of a new insurance. I forgot its name. I couldn't help noticing that there was a wanted poster. They wanted to find me. The reward was not that high but enough to get people looking for me. $5000 of a reward to those who bring me to the officers alive. I kept walking through the town. Walking next to the shadows of the night.

There were few officers wherever I went. The townspeople were peacefully walking. They had no worries in their looks. I kept wondering if the town had been safe. I went to a store I found which contains lots of stuff. It was about to close so I went to take a look at what it had. Maybe, just maybe, I'd be lucky enough to find what I needed. And to be able to leave without being caught by the officers.