THE UNINVITED GUEST

''You and me, this bond stays forever."

But who knew this forever would end too soon...

I woke up to a feeling of unfamiliarity to my surroundings as the scent of disinfectants fill my nostrils, the reminiscence of these obscure dreams still lingers in my head. I scan the room where I lay, and then it hits me. I am in a hospital.

The doctor told me that I was lucky to only get a minor fracture after dropping off such height. Of course, you don't see men falling off cliffs every day. The hospital discharged me with a plastered arm, a band-aid on my forehead along with a couple of pain relievers.

I booked a taxi back home as I am not in favor of getting 'lucky' again.

As soon as I entered my house, Cloudy bolted towards me and jumped into my embrace. Well, at least there someone was waiting for me.

"Oh, Cloudy missed me?" He clung onto my chest and started licking my face all over

"Oh, Cloudy missed me?" He clung onto my chest and started licking my face all over. "Hahaha. Its okay bud I am here now." I petted him and gave him his supper and watched him eat, still sitting on my lap as if I would disappear again if he gets off.

Now, I have got to clean up the house, make dinner and assess a few official documents. I got my priorities set and went straight to sleep to only wake up before dinner time. I ordered some pizza and turned on my television. Cloudy saw me sitting on the couch all wrapped in blankets, he came along and tugged onto the sheets with his mouth.

"You want to come in too?"

I drew him inside the blanket while he popped his head out through the other end, still guarding my lap.

We watched a couple of movies together until my eyes started getting heavy. And that's when I noticed something shining to its might in the pocket of my overcoat. I sat Cloud off my lap and went towards the holder.

I dug my hands in the pocket only to be utterly astonished by what I saw. It was an amulet.

Wait. Isn't this the same amulet I saw in the park? But what is it doing here? I don't remember bringing it along with me. To be honest, I can't recollect what happened after the fall but I certainly did not carry it along.

Or did I?

"Cloud did you bring this home?"

God, it seems like the beginning of a horror movie where someone brings a cursed extraneous object home until it becomes another movie based on a true story. This is getting creepy. Hey stop it, don't remind me of all those scary videos I have watched!

Come on Kook, you are a grown-up man. These things scare 8-year-olds. And it looks so aesthetic, so fascinating. Also, Cloud seems pretty comfortable with it around. Dogs generally freak out in those movies.

"What do you think Cloud?" When I glanced at him, he was already drooling. Okay, now I know why you should not always rely on animal instincts. I picked up the sleeping Cloudy and placed him back on his pillow bed. "Goodnight Cloud."

I placed the amulet on the tableside. Let's just sleep for now.

I turned all the lights off and laid myself on the bed to drift back to the land of dreams.

zzz... *thud*

I shot up instantly with the loud sound glass shattering. The distinctive sound silenced and all I could hear was some rattles from the living room. God, is this how I am going to die with no one knowing what happened to my corpse? That's why you should learn something from those movies. On the second thought, why isn't Cloud barking!?

And no, I wasn't dumb, I tried to turn the lights on but it seems like the power was gone. Maybe it's the storm! How I wish it's just the storm.

I gripped hold of the last pieces of my courage and a table lamp; just in case the ghost decides to negotiate. I walked out to the living room, chanting a holy hymn to beg whoever Holy Spirit is available to be by my side.

What I saw in front of me blew my mind away. The table lamp escaped my grip as my mouth gaped open to the scene unfurling in front of my eyes.

There stood an ethereal female sparkling in sublime light, spreading her white wings vigorously, encompassed in a white haze

Our eyes locked to what seemed like an eternity. Her familiar gaze was penetrating deep into my soul.

It was then when I knew; my life will never be the same.