Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Brielle's POV*

Practice after my little talk with Niall went surprisingly well. I felt great; strong, confident. And I was overall in an amazing mood.

Although I was having an unusually good day compared to yesterday, practice still seemed to drag on. I kept staring at the clock, waiting for the hands to move. But it seemed like each time I looked, the little black hands would move backwards rather than forwards.

I just couldn't wait to get out of the gym. I was excited to text Niall about hanging out later. It felt good to have a friend for once.

Having an actual friend was a pretty new concept for me. I wasn't exactly... experienced in the friend department. Which, wasn't my fault in the slightest.

Dad didn't like me to have friends outside my teammates at my old gym. And even those girls, I never actually hung out with outside of gymnastics. I never had a boyfriend either. But, you can't really blame me; I didn't exactly have a choice in the matter.

The head coach blew his whistle, signalling practice was ending. I immediately jumped off of the beam and sprinted to my bag.

"That's a wrap, ladies. Good work today. Only a couple more weeks until we start bringing home some hardware! No practice tomorrow, enjoy your day off. Just don't do anything stupid" my coach yelled as he raised his hand to wave goodbye and stepped outside.

I yanked on the zipper and grabbed my phone out of the side pocket of my backpack.

1 New Message

"U done swinging on monkey bars yet?? ;) gotta plan for later. it's a surprise ;) pick u up at 4?? xx -N"

I smiled at Niall's message. A surprise? Hmm, this should be interesting...

"Haha a surprise?? O no. ;) Sure see u at 4 :) xx -B"

I quickly scurried back to my room in the Olympic village. Olympic village. Huh. It still felt kind of weird to say. I honestly couldn't believe I was here. Was I even that good? Did I even deserve it?

I unlocked the door to my room to find Liz hanging upside down off the edge of her bed.

"...Liz?" I asked tentatively, setting my bag down by the door before carefully walking over to her.

She was still in her leotard and shorts from practice. Her blonde hair was in a messy ponytail on the top of her head and her eyes were shut.

I stared at her confusedly for a couple of seconds before she spoke.

"Can I help you??" she asked suddenly.

"Uh, no... Just wondering what you were up to..."

"Oh, nothing."

"Nothing...?" I asked curiously.

"Nah, not really. Just chillin'."

Okay then. I guessed I'd let her "chill" by herself then... How did I end up with the weirdo roommate?

I ignored Liz's strange antics and went over to the closet to ponder my options. I could always take something of Liz's... I'm sure she wouldn't mind...

I looked over to see Liz still laying upside down with her body halfway off the side of the bed, eyes still shut.

On second thought, she may not even notice, let alone care.

I decided on a more casual outfit for my evening out. I wasn't sure what a "surprise" meant... I didn't want to overdress nor underdress for the occasion. Why couldn't he just tell me where we were going so I could plan my outfit accordingly?