Chapter 1

*Emma's P.O.V*

The dreaded sound of my alarm clock. It wasn't a sound I enjoyed every morning, but at least today was Friday. Turning off my alarm clock, I reluctantly got out of my warm bed and headed into my bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

My name is Emma. I'm a 17 year old Senior, I'm not the most outgoing, at lot people say I have a "nerdy" personality. I would rather stay home and read a good book than go out and party. I always try my hardest in school, and despite what a lot of people think about me, I actually kinda hate going to school. The only good thing about school is my best friend Megan, and of course Jack Gilinsky.

Who is Jack Gilinsky you ask? He's one of the state's top football players and the hottest guy at school. I've liked him since sophomore year when we got partnered for a science project. Of course, I've been way to busy to even think about boys. I've been focusing on making good grades and applying for colleges, setting myself up for a good life and a good career. When Senior year started, of course Megan has done all she can to convince me to let loose and have a little fun this year, and although it took a little while and a lot of convincing, after all my college applications were sent it, I decided I did need to let loose and have a little fun this year, which made my best friend very happy.

After my shower, it didn't take too much thought to figure out my look for the day. I went for an oversized sweater with jeans and sneakers, my usual look.

 I went for an oversized sweater with jeans and sneakers, my usual look

*Megan's P.O.V*

Turning off my alarm clock, I rolled out of bed with a smile on my face. I'm generally always in a pretty happy mood when it comes to going to see my friends at school, but out of all days, I loved Fridays the most! Friday's meant game day baby, which meant I got to do what I loved most and that's Cheerleading, and cheering on my lovely boyfriend of 1 year and 4 months, Sammy.

I'm Megan, a.k.a Emma's best friend. She's the best friend I could ever ask for, I mean really, without her I would never have started dating Sammy. From her late-night pep talks to her great advice, I'm lucky to have her around.

I see the way she looks at Jack, and she talks about him all the time, she's IN LOVE with him. Jack being one of Sammy's best friends and one of my good friends, and Emma being my best friend, which is semi-true. Emma knows Jack, Jack knows Emma, but Emma gets quiet around Jack, she becomes shy, and prefers to sit with me and my cheer friends at lunch than sit with me at a table with Sammy, Jack and his friends.

After my morning shower, I pulled my hair into a high ponytail, did my makeup, put on my cheer uniform and I was headed out the door.

*Emma's P.O.V*

I parked in my usual parking spot, right next to my best friend's silver Chevy Camaro. Walking in a heading straight for mine and Megan's usual meeting place every morning, our lockers. I'm extremely grateful that our lockers were conveniently placed next to each other.

Turning the corner into the hall that leads to our lockers, I looked up from my phone to see Megan there waiting on me, with Sammy attached to her lips, as usual. I swear I love my best friend more than anything, and Sammy is a good guy, but I'm just a tad bit jealous of her relationship. I just want a relationship like they have.

Turning my attention away from them, I opened my locker and got the books out for the classes I had this morning, then shut it back rather loudly to grab the attention of the two love birds.

"Is it possible for me to have my best friend now?"

Megan and Sammy finally broke away from their kiss, both rolling their eyes at my comment.

"Jealous much?" Sammy said with a slight smile

"Very. Now give me my best friend."

"You can have her, I'm going to find the boys."

He kissed Megan before heading off to find his guys friends. After getting her books out of her locker, Megan threw her arm around my shoulder as we walked off to class.

"We have got to find you a man boo boo." Megan said looking at me

"Says who?" I said laughing at her comment

"Says me. I know you just want a nice relationship like Sammy and I."

She wasn't wrong, I did. I have wanted a relationship like that every since her and Sammy got serious. I was way too busy for stuff like that though, I didn't have the time to find me a guy.

*Megan's P.O.V*

I knew that Emma just wanted to have a nice relationship the way Sammy and I did. I knew my best friend all too well, and lucky for her, I had a perfect plan in mind to help her achieve that goal, well hopefully.

You see, Emma likes Jack, but refuses to even talk to him. That's where I come into the picture. I've been secretly planning this for months but I'm about to play match maker for my best friend. Operation set up Jack and Emma in now in full effect....