Qishan

- I can't believe there are girls here, spoke Wei Ying, and stopped abruptly when heared the loud and clearly annoyed "ahem" from behind him.

- Thanks for completely forgetting about my existence, Wei Wuxian.

The sharp words left the older boy silent, and with a loud sight she turned her back on him.

It seemd strange. Almost questionable. (Y/N) looked around herself scanning the surroundings, analizing the figures she saw. The training field was filled with disciplines of the five major sects, and much to her surprise, she had to agree with Wei Ying. Why would girls be here anyways? And on top of all that, once again, the hosts were the Wens.

" Avoid any conflict, avoid any conflict..." she repeated to herself over and over.

Silence washed over once two figures, walking oddly close to each other, made their way to the main platform. Both of them sad down together, looking bored to death. The man, which (Y/N) suspected of being Wen Chao, Wen Ruohan's youngest child, hugged a woman dressed rather slutish clothing.

- Who is that woman?

- His mistress, no doubt, (Y/N)'s answer followed.

- Actually, her name is Wang Lingjiao, added Nie Huaisang, who was hidding behind Wei Ying's back. And A-(Y/N) is right, she was one of Mrs. Wen's maids. But When Chao is a womanizer, therefore...

- Seems that maid is pretty narrow-minded.

Wei Ying turned around to notice Lan Wanji, who looked somewhat nervous.

"What's wrong with him?"

- Something doesn't seem right with Lan Clan of Gusu.

Wen Chao called for a man of his who now was standing closer to the staircase, and his words left the disceplines speachless.

- Listen up, hand in your swords one by one!

"Scandalous ..."

The air was quickly filled with irritated and confused comments. And they had all the right to react the way they did. After all, a sword was crucial for a cultivator, holding one's spiritual power.

- How can we just hand in our swords to you like this?!

- This is absolutely absurd.

- The sword never leaves a practiced man's body! spoke another discipline, judjing by his clothing, he was part of the Qinghe Nie Sect. Why do we have to turn in our swords?!

The next second, a Wen guard in his twenties quickly made his way towards the poor soul. Much to everyone's shock, the teen was punched in his chest, the hand of the Wen emmiting a strange light.

The younger cultivator was sent flying a couple of feet backwards, getting cought by Lan Wanji. Gripping on his clothing, the boy screamed in agony before collapsing on the ground.

Jiang Cheng stood in front of (Y/N) protectively while eyeing the now motionless body.

- ... his golden core was melted... said Wei Ying quietly after inspecting him.

"The Core Crusher? Wen Zhuliu?!"

An evil laughter was heared from the main platform.

- Who else dare disobey? People like you who disobey and act disrespectfully have set bad examples. So I am determined to civilize you all. I better do so before someone dares challenge my authority and gets on top of our Wen Clan.

Wen Chao's voice became surprisingly punchable after those words.

- What an honour to be here and listen to all of this... whispered to herself (Y/N). Wen Zhuliu glanced at her, only to get in return a death glare.

- Stay out of the trouble, said Jiang Cheng to Wei Ying. There are too many masters who failed under Wen Zhuliu's skill. You can't risk your life for nothing!

A worried look appeared on their face. Jiang Cheng was right, they can't risk it yet.

- Hand in your swords! yelled Wen Chao.

A Wen guard came closer to them, sticking his hand out. Silently obey while cursing out the Wen clan for their doings, sword by sword was handed. Her heart ached with pain at the thought of being parted with Hēi Shé, which she treasured above everything else.

After collecting all the words, everyone recieved a collection of Wen's Clan masters' famous saying, which had to be memorized. The amount of the curse words (Y/N) has mentally said today topped their total of the past years.

Jiang Cheng seemed visibly displeased and at first even refused to take the book. A deadly look was shot at him by the already angered guard.

Stepping in front of the fellow Yunmeng discipline, (Y/N) reached out for the manuscript, a gentle smile plastered on her face. The guard's fetures softened, and after recieving it, the girl bowed politely. With the same fake, yet convincing smile, she turned around and walked away, her eyes running through the writting.