Superiority part 3

Just as the thought ran across her mind, Wang Lingjiao pointed at Wei Wuxian, saying:

- On Dusk-Creek Mountain, this brat made rude remarks when Young Master Wen was fighting with the Xuanwu of Slaughter, causing many disturbances. He made Young Master Wen tired, almost losing to the beast—he even lost his sword!

" Fucking liar" .

Hearing how she talked black into white and made up stories, Jiang Cheng was so furious that he laughed.

(Y/N) finally understood her scheme.

" They purposely chose to come at such a time. Or, rather, they purposely led The Sect Leader out of here!"

Wang Lingjiao continued:

- How lucky that The Heavens blessed Young Master Wen. Even though he lost his sword, he was able to safely take down the Xuanwu of Slaughter. But this brat, we really can't tolerate him any longer! Today, I'm here under the orders of Young Master Wen. Madam Yu, please punish him harshly and make him an example to the rest of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect!

- What?!

- Mom... trailed off Jiang Cheng.

- Shut your mouth! she yelled back at him.

Quite pleased with Madam's reaction, Wang Lingjiao carried on:

- Wei Ying, if I remember correctly, is a servant, isn't he? At the moment, without the presence of Sect Leader Jiang, I'm sure that, Madam Yu knows what'd be the best to do. Or else, if the Yunmeng Jiang Sect insists on defending him, it'd really make people suspect... if certain rumors... are really true...

Sitting at the frontmost seat where Jiang Fengmian had always sat, she giggled, covering her mouth. Jiang Cheng heard that her words hinted at something. He fumed:

- What rumors?!

Wang Lingjiao continued to giggle:

- You ask, what rumors? It has to be those old romantic ties of Sect Leader Jiang...

(Y/N) wanted to intervene, but was stopped by Madam Yu.

Wei Wuxian, enraged by what he heard, moved unconsciously towards the Wen woman.

However, pain suddenly shot out from his back. His knees couldn't help but buckle, making him fall on the ground. Madam Yu had suddenly stricken him with her whip.

- Mom! broke out Jiang Cheng.

Madam Yu had already stood up. Zidian had turned into it's whip form. She shouted at him:

- Jiang Cheng, move out of the way, or you'll be kneeling too!

(Y/N) also tried to stop her, but felt herself get yanked back. Jinzhu and Yinzhu restricted her movement and both whispered:

- A-(Y/N), don't! Please!

She stopped moving.

Wei Wuxian tried to get up, pushing against the ground:

- Guys, move over! Don't worry about me!

Madam Yu lashed out her whip again, forcing him back onto the ground. She ground her teeth together:

- ... I've said long ago, that you... you unruly thing would bring trouble to the Jiang Sect, sooner or later!

Wei Wuxian pushed Jiang Cheng away, who was caught by Jinzhu and Yinzhu. Just like (Y/N), he couldn't move.

Wei Ying clenched his teeth together as he suffered the punishment. He didn't move or speak the entire time. His back burned and his entire body was numb with pain. He couldn't bear it, but he had to. For the sake of everyone else.