"Let me go."

Summary: It's the day of (Y/n's) wedding, and an old friend pays a visit. This one is sad
:(

I tried to shake the nerves building inside me as I glanced around the yard. Hundreds of chairs set up, candles lining the walkway, all centered around the alter. I watched as people milled about, finding their seats, talking to each other.

I turned away from the window, releasing a shaky breath. There was a quick knock on the door before my maid of honor, Carly, walked in. She flashed me a brief smile.

"Groom wants to see you." She said. "I told him no because it's bad luck but he insisted."

"Oh I don't believe in that." I waved her off. "He can come in." She nodded and then disappeared down the hall. I took a glance in the mirror, adjusting my veil.

"Wow." I jumped at the sound of his voice, turning to see him. "You look..." he trailed off.

"Not good." I supplied.

"Incredible." He breathed out, shaking his head slightly.

"I can't stop crying." I said, my eyes filling up. "I'm going to ruin my makeup."

"You don't need makeup." He said, approaching me and grabbing my hands. "You look just as beautiful as the day I met you." I scoffed as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I was a mess that day." I chuckled. "I looked like I had just run a marathon, and there was coffee all over me." He let out a low laugh.

"You know what I thought in that moment?" He asked. "I thought, now here's a girl who isn't ashamed to be her real self, around anyone clearly." I snorted. "Now here's a girl...for me."

I pouted my bottom lip out, my tears overflowing. He wrapped his arms around me carefully, and I leaned on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm going to be a sobbing mess when we give our vows." He said, making me giggle.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

"I love you too." He said. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Stop it." I whined, trying to stop the flood of tears.

"Okay, okay." He said, his eyes filling too. "We can't both be crying for the pictures."

"I'll see you out there." I said, as he stepped back. He nodded a few times, biting his lip. "Hey, I like the bow tie." He chuckled.

"Don't trip on your dress." He advised. "That would be embarrassing." I let out a real laugh this time as I watched him leave. The second he was gone, I felt the nervousness return.

I had been dreaming about this day since I was twelve, of course it was completely different then. Starting with who I thought the groom would be. But I'm happy, and I love him.

He makes me laugh. He makes me feel loved, feel important. Feel worth it. After feeling like I was nothing for so long, I never thought I'd find someone to love me again. But then he showed up. And he's right. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

Another quick glance out the window alerted me to how close the time was coming. The bridesmaids would be gathering now. Everyone putting in their final touches. People finding their seats. This was really about to happen. The happiest day of my life.

I quickly fixed my mascara for the last time, knowing I'd just cry it off anyways. I thought the weight of someone's stare was just in my head, since I was about to feel a hundred stares. But then I turned, and my breath caught in my throat.