Traveling Riverside Blues

Leaning back the seat I sigh. I'm going to miss my baby but Dean's Impala was clearly meant for these long hunts. With the money we received from the car we could easily pay for several hunts. Dean had insisted that it wasn't necessary when they could simply print the money but it didn't fee right leaving her in a garage.

"I know you miss her." Dean places a comforting hand on my thigh. I look over at the eldest of the two Winchesters and smile. "I do but we have Baby." He cracks a smile and says, "do you want to pick the music?"

Sam gasps from the back seat. "I am hurt." "Maybe if you had better taste in music he would let you pick the playlist." I reply causing Dean to chuckle. My hands turn to the knob and I turn on Traveling Riverside Blues by Led Zeppelin. Sam groans as Dean turns to me. "Damn, if Sammy did not have eyes for you I would kiss you right now." "Dean!" Sam scolds but is blocked out as Dean turns up the music.

"I'm goin' to Rosedale, Take my rider by side," Dean sings and I join in, "Anybody argue with me man, I'll keep them satisfied. Well, see my baby, tell her, Tell her the shape I'm in. Ain't had no lovin'.."

Sammy reads off articles. "Just a runaway."..."That's interesting..."..."No, the sighting was next to an oil rig. It is most likely an oil spill." The conversations go back and forth until Sammy mentions something about Clarksdale, Mississippi.

"Wait, go back." Sam repeats the article. "There are rumors that the devil is making deals again. It warns the tourist to watch out."

Dean interrupts, "It's nothing Bella. Probably just something to attract tourists. The legend is that Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil in order to be a Blues star."

"What are you thinking, Bella?" Sammy ignores Dean. "When I went to New Orleans the witches talked about many creatures but they were particularly fond of Djinn." "Like jeanies?" Dean looks over at me as his interest spikes. "It makes sense...the articles warn of people of a clan that lives on the outskirts of town that is known for their ruthless murders of intruders."

One look at me and Dean heads to Clarksdale, Mississippi

12 hours later Sam

Sighing, I exit the car and stretch. We decided to drive the straight twelve hours from Iowa. Dean hesitantly turns over his keys to the valet before whistling at the hotel Bella had chosen. "Since I had to sell my baby blue I decided we could upgrade for this trip. Now don't go expecting this treatment all the time boys." She grabs her luggage and is greeted with a baggage clerk.

"Welcome to the Cotton House," the man talks about the history of the town and the hotel. He stresses the importance of visiting the Crossroads. "If you need anything please don't hesitate to call the front desk," he thanks Bella once we are at our suite.

"You only got one room?" Dean teases as Bella swipes the card. "I apologize Sammy but it appears Bella and I are going to be sharing the bed and you are on the couch." I ignore his comment and the wink he throws at me when Bella enters the room. "Actually it is two rooms one has a full and the other a twin." Dean makes the trek to the bigger bedroom but is stopped by Bella.

"What do you think you are doing?" He raises his eyebrows flirtatiously at her causing me to groan. "Sam and I can share the full and you can have the twin," Dean offers. "You both will not fit in a full bed together. I'll share with Sam and you can have the full." Deans eyebrows again raise suggestively. "Okay, I can take a hint. Just know that these walls are thin." He knocks on the wall to prove his point.

Grabbing my bags and Bella's I pull them into the room. "It's beautiful," she runs her hands along the beaded comforter before pulling it back and collapsing on the bed. "Let's take a nap, Sam. We can go into town in a little bit," she starts to trail off at the end as her eyes flutter shut. Going to the end of the bed I unzip her boots and set them on the floor before pulling the covers to her shoulders.

"She's right," Dean greets me in the kitchen. "We should rest up before we begin." His hands grip a cup of water as his eyes droop. He had stubbornly driven the twelve hours himself. Nodding I go to take a nap. "And I mean actually sleep no funny business." Dean smirks heading off to his own room.