5: Gentleman's Mistake

You woke up with his scent. He smelled good, like peppermint, lavender and cologne. You squirmed a little bit to show him that you were awake. He quickly inhaled and turned over on his back. "Good morning, sunshine! How'd you sleep?"

You replied with a small yawn. "Fine. I was really warm, thanks to you."

He winked at you. "Anytime!"

You thanked him for the great time went back to your dorm to get dressed. You found a little white slip of paper in front of your door.

The white slip said, "He's lying to you"

What?!

Who? Mirio? How? What's going on?!

A thousand thoughts crossed your mind.
You decided to crumple up the piece of paper and threw it away.

You carried on with your classes, as usual. But you noticed Hado glare at you a few times. Then it hit you:

She must be jealous!

What could you do about it? You were in love and didn't want to discard that just because a friend didn't approve.

You still tried to be friends with her, but she still seemed to ignore your efforts.

You asked Mirio about it. "W-well, we kind of... dated? Awhile ago?"

You playfully punched him in the arm. "Why didn't you tell me! If your going to be my boyfriend then you have to tell me things like that!"

He looked a little surprised and smirked at you. "Heh, you called me your boyfriend. So it's official?"

"I'm serious, Mirio!"

"Okay, okay! No more secrets!" he said. "So who have you dated before?"

You blushed. "Uh, no one, actually."

"Hah! So I'm your first," Then he whispered, "and hopefully your last."

"Hopefully."

"So were dating?"

"Yes. We're dating." Your body shivered at the last word.

After school, you returned to your dorm and yet again, found another note. This note read, "I thought we were friends."

You changed into a baggy t-shirt and some sweats and then whipped out a notepad and pen. You wrote a. Let regarding how you still wanted to be friends, but wasn't going to stop dating Mirio. You slipped it underneath her door. She stopped sending notes after that and slowly became more friendly.

There was a cork board down the hall. With thumbtacks, it held papers saying schedules, events, and a pink paper in bold black ink said, "NO BOYS AND GIRLS SHOULD EVER SLEEP IN THE SAME DORM UNLESS THEY ARE ROMANTICALLY AFFILIATED WITH ONE ANOTHER. - thanks! :)"

Good thing it was official now.

///

You did your homework and heard a knock on the door. You opened it and found Mirio standing there. "What's up?" he asked.

"I was just doing my homework."

"Cool. I wanted to see your place so I dropped by."

Luckily, you didn't do much and kept your place really tidy. You had a large bed, a television, a small table with two chairs, and another small table in the corner holding some flowers and succulents.

"May I come in?" he asked.

"Of course." You gestured in and he sat on the bed. He patted the space next to him and smiled. You closed the door and sat next to him.

"Whaddya wanna do?" you asked.

"Let's just hang."

You both moved onto the bed and laid next to each other. You let Mirio choose the movie. He chose a horror film, and he laughed everytime you squealed in fear. He held you close, and you rested your head on his shoulder. After the movie was over, you went to the dormitory kitchen and made two cups of noodles and brought them back.

"Thanks so much! Cup O' Noodles are the absolute best!"

You both ate your noodles on the bed and you picked another movie this time. It was a drama romance and you cried at one point. Mirio fell asleep first. You shut off the television and went to change. There wasn't a bathroom, and it was too late to leave dorm rooms. You just had to hope Mirio wouldn't wake up.

You took off your top and went to grab a shirt. Mirio must've noticed that you were gone because his eyes fluttered open. He stared at you and tensed up and deeply blushed.

"Eek!" You said, trying to cover up.

"Oh my god!" he rolled over, cursing at himself. "Y/N I am so sorry!"

You quickly finished up changing and climbed back into bed. You say his super red face and he was covering up his eyes. He must've felt the pressure of the bed even out when you laid down, because he asked, "D-do you have... did y-you change?" He asked in a small, whimpering voice.

You smiled and took your small hands and moved his hands away from his face. His eyes trembled, and they opened one at a time. He exhaled a sigh of relief. "Look, Y/N, I am really sorry. I didn't know you were changing and it's not very polite to look at your body like that."

"I-it's alright. It was my fault too, I should have changed when you weren't around."

Mirio looked terrible. His eyes were full of regret and his lips were tugged into a frown. He didn't even make eye contact with you. "It's just, all my life I've been raised to be a gentleman, and this was like a gut-punch. I am truly sorry I-"

"Mirio! It's alright! Don't stress. It was only a bra..." you blushed. Mirio had seen you in your bra!

"Let's just, get some sleep, alright?"

He nodded.

You kissed his forehead and both fell asleep.