Chapter 3

Nya's PoV

I must've fallen asleep, because when my eyes opened, Kai and me were the only ones in the room. His chest was moving up and down, but really slowly. I probably sat there just looking at him for half an hour straight. Suddenly the door opened and Jay came in, followed by Zane.
"How is he?", I asked Zane, while getting a nice hug from Jay.
"He lost a ton of blood, but I fixed him up as much as I could. He should recover fairly soon."
That was nice to hear.
"What even happened there?" I asked him.
"Well, my calculations tell me that due to the centrifugal force exerted by our tornado of creation, one of the gates got ripped off and fell on top of Kai, causing one of the broken up spikes to land, well.. inside him."
Yeah that kinda made sense.
"Hey Nya, you should go to your room and take some rest, maybe eat something." Jay said softly.
"Thanks Jay, but I'll stay here. He's always been there for me when stuff like this happened to me, so it's the least I can do. I'm not gonna leave his side."
"O-Okay, you sure?"
"Yep, absolutely. He is my brother after all."
"Alright, then at least let me bring you some food."
"Okay, that's actually a good idea, I'm starving."
"I'll let you guys alone then." Zane said, leaving the room.
"I'll be right back" followed by Jay.
I loved Jay. And I was so angry that this happened right after we got married, but I gotta be there for my brother.

So hours and eventually two days passed, until Kai finally woke up.

I was just sitting there, looking out the window, when I heard something moving. I looked over to Kai and saw him slowly open his eyes.
"Kai!" I shouted, running over to his bedside.
"Ugh. Hey sis." he said weakly.
"How are you feeling?" I asked him, instantly realizing, that it was a stupid question.
"I'm, fine I guess."
"Argh" he cried out, holding his waist.
"The hell happened to me??"
"Easy Kai, you got crushed by a giant gate and impaled by a wooden spike. You shouldn't be moving this light-headedly."
"I got what??"
"Yeah, you heard me."
There was about thirty seconds of silence, until Kai started talking again.
"I-I'm sorry sis."
"Sorry? For what?"
"For putting you in this situation. Jay just proposed to you, it was supposed to be a happy day for you and now I'm lying here, half dead, and you're worrying about me instead of going out with him. So, I'm sorry."
"No, you egghead. Don't be sorry. This isn't your fault. I can go out with Jay after you get better too. You've always been there for me, so now it's time for me to return the favor." Nya said, smiling down at Kai.
Kai returned the smile.
Although he was trying to act tuff, you could see that he was in a lot of pain.
Nya held his hand and rested her head on his chest.
"I'll always be there for you Kai."
"I can only say the same for you, sis. It's always been like that."
"I know. Please get better soon."
"I will, don't worry."
That was the last thing he said before falling asleep again. I didn't wanna wake him up, so I just stayed in that position, eventually falling asleep too.