Excitement

April 2093

It was in the afternoon – around 2:00. I was trying to do a page in my journal, but I was too upset. I can't explain with words how much I wanted to go to the planet. Then I heard the phone ring.

"Hello. Oh, hi mom!" I heard my mom on the phone. It was grandma!

"Well, I mean...... yes we both know she can...... its just a hard decision"

They were talking about the... I actually don't know what to call it. The selection? The chosen ones? The mission? I kinda like the Selection. Then I heard my mom call my name. I closed my journal and headed downstairs.

"Grandma wants to talk to you" she said. She handed me the phone and I went back upstairs.

"Hi grandma!" I said.

"Hi pumpkin! I was talking to your mom about the space thing" she said. "I think you would definitely get chosen and your parents should let you compete."

I was so happy to hear her say that. At least one person was on my side.

"I know! They are scared for no reason." I said.

"Well not for no reason. It will be dangerous but this is such a great opportunity for you."

"I know."

"I am surprised. I would let you do it the second I heard about it if I was your parent"

__________________________________________________

We talked for awhile before grandma had to go run some errands. After she hung up I just played on my phone. Then I got a text. It was around 6 ish and it was from Avery.

Avery: Do you want to go see a movie?

Me: No I am going out with my parents tonight.

Avery: of course you are.

I didn't understand why Avery was getting so mad. Maybe it was just that she was nervous about if she would get into Dandon or not.

"Erica, are you ready to go?" my mom called for me.

"Yeah! Coming down right now!" I got my purse and put my chapstick and phone in. Then I headed downstairs. We decided to go to Olive Garden. It was an old restaurant my parents loved. We pulled into the parking lot and went inside. It wasn't that busy. I ordered angel hair pasta with spaghetti sauce. I got that everytime. After the waiter left I was nervous. If they didn't let me do it, I don't know what I would do with myself.

"Well Erica, we just want to say we are so proud of you and will love you no matter what profession you choose." My dad said.

"And we have decided to let you compete. It will bring you many opportunities whether you make it or not." My mom said.

"Oh my goodness thank you so much! I can't believe this!" I said. I hugged both of them. I was so happy. I knew I could make it. And I would make it.