Chapter 1

"Come with me to receive your suit."
Charlie followed the woman down a corridor into a room. It had six chairs surrounding a conference table. The man on the opposite side of the table motioned for them to sit. Charlie looked back at the woman who escorted them there. "Thank you." Charlie said. The woman nodded and exited the room. The man sitting the opposite of Charlie spoke, "welcome Charlie I have heard about you. From your father that is." As he spoke his British accent only seemed to grow thicker. At the mention of their father Charlie looked over to their left. The man closest to the Brit was known as Dimitri Collins. The leader of the hearts suit. To Charlie, Dimitri was their only guardian their father. He smiled proudly at his child. They smiled back. "We have taken everything into consideration for this and I must say you are a hard person to put in a single suit." He took a moment before continuing, "so we are going to put you as a Joker." A Joker?! Charlie thought. What is a Joker?. As seeming to read their mind the man spoke up "Charlie a joker would be someone who doesn't fit into one single house. They have high standards like diamonds, compassionate like hearts, Intelligent like Clubs, and fierce like Spades. My dear you are not the only joker in the world but rather you only know one joker." He said it didn't take long for Charlie to figure out the answer. Themself. The man smiled sweetly. "You shall train with each group and learn how to fit in and pass as any you choose. As a Joker your job would be difficult. Your job is to lead us. Weather be the army, justice system, or government. That is up to you." Charlie's mind is racing. Leader me?! But that doesn't make sense. Why would I be a leader. The only words that could be strung together to form a sentence were. "Thank you sir." Charlie stood and left the room. The woman who led them to that room was waiting outside. "If you could follow me please." Charlie nodded following her down another corridor into another rooms.

Word count: 375 words