Chapter 2

"So, do you wanna go home?" Kato asks. "The doctors says you can go home when you feel like it."
"Yes," I say.
Then we walk home. "Kayla. This is you home," I say pointing around our house.
All she does is look around. Then she falls asleep. "We don't have a cradle," I say.
Then Kato goes down stairs and comes up with a box. It has a cradle in it. "Kato! Oh my gosh!" I say.
"Here," he says setting it up in our room.
Then he takes Kayla and sets her in. She looks so cute! "When did you get the cradle?" I ask.
"A few days after you said you were thinking of baby names," he says.
"Oh," I say.
Then I hop in bed with Kato and I fall asleep. In the morning I wake up to Kayla crying. "She's hungry," I say.
Then I feed a special milk to Kayla that the doctors gave me.
"This early," Kato asks.
"I guess so," I say. "It's only 7:00 a.m."
"Ok," Kato says.
While I feed Kayla, Kato wraps his arms around me. "You ok?" I ask.
"Ya. Ya, I'm ok," he says.
"Well, usually when you wrap your arm around me something's wrong," I say.
"Nope. Let's go watch T.V," Kato says.
When the T.V turns on the president is there and he says, "Welcome, to the 75th Battle. The tributes will be reaped from the existing pool of victors!"
Before Kato does anything I hand him Kayla and he puts her into her cribe and she falls asleep. Then I run out if the house and hide. Then I whisper, "I might have to go back, and Kato."
He hears me and picks me up and carries me into our house. "Its ok. I promise. It's ok," he says.
"We. We might have to go back. I can't! You can't! I won't survive without you! Neither will Kayla! If I go Kayla nor you will survive!" I yell.
This startles Kayla. She starts crying. I pick her up and calm her down.
"I don't want to go back," I say.
'Also! The tributes are already picked!" The president says.
I tune out all the districts except 2. He says, "For 2! The boy is Kato! The girl is Fawn!"
"No! I don't want to loose you!" I yell hugging Kato.
"It'll be ok. I promise. I'll win. For you," he says.