• forgotten soul •

ruels pov:

today is the day. i'm going to tell y/n the truth. maybe i'm being to anxious about this, maybe she'll be fine and relived that they're arrested. i don't know.

i walk into the bathroom where she's packing up all her toiletries and stuff. we're leaving tomorrow for the next city so she likes to be prepared.

"hey." i lean against the door looking down at her.

"hi." she says looking through all the cupboards.

i don't say anything. well, i don't know what to say. i cant just blurt it out and drop all that in her. it has to be right. i want her to feel okay.

"what?" she stands up and hugs me resting her chin on my chest so she's looking up at me.

"what?"

"what do you want? you came in here and you look a little stressed." she smiles adorably and i kiss her on the head.

"yeah i need to tell you something but i'm afraid you'll get upset."

she leans off of me and grabs my hand. she takes me into the bedroom and we sit down on her bed, "i would never get upset at you."

"i know...but it's not that you'll get upset at me it's you might get upset about what it is. i don't know, i just really want what's best for you and i don't want you to feel-"

"ruel." she squeezes my hand, "it's okay. i can take it."

i look at her with a worried smile, "promise?"

"promise."

she's still holding my hand and looking deep into my eyes. but i can't get myself to meet hers. i look down at the floor and feel her eyes on me still. i take a breath and just roll with it. hopefully my brain works.

"so, your foster parents or whatever you want to call them..." i gulp, "...they got arrested and...and they have his body and there's gonna be a funeral soon."

i didn't even have to say his name. she new what i meant. i looked at her now and this time she was looking at the ground, tears filled up in her eyes and she was holding them back.

"y/n, look at me. please. i'm sorry i didn't-"

she startles me with a hug, not saying anything, she just squeezes me tight. i wrap my arms around her and we stay there, in the hollow silence.

* * *

*tOime skip to the next day*

y/ns pov:

there'd be times i find myself staring out the window and looking out on the busy streets. most times i'd think about how i had finally found happiness.

but now, as i look out of my window, on a plane, heading straight to stockholm, i feel a weight, and it's pulling me down and i can't stop it. like when you watch a movie, and this huge tower is falling, you can't do anything, you just watch. you watch as it falls and crashes down with a ruining everything around it.

i'm not upset about my "parents" being arrested, i just can't deal with thinking about sam. he never got to live out the life i'd wish for him. he wanted to be excepted, and just as he was about to be, he got taken away. now he'll just be a forgotten soul. except i will never forget him. he changed my life, and i can't thank him enough.

5 minutes till we land and ruel is still asleep, snoring so loud i thought someone was mowing the lawn. i smack him in the face and he wakes up instantly, looking around wondering where he is.

"there's five minutes till we land." i laugh at him, his hair was all over the place, "you look amazing ruel."

he didn't catch the sarcasm and he smiled at me, pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

a/n: yeah i know this was kinda short and a little boring. but it's finE eNjOy iT. ily hehe :))