Moving day

"No, oh no! Please be careful with that box! My grandma's vase is in there!" I cry out to the mover who is carelessly shuffling boxes around the room.

I have only been in NewYork City for a few hours, and I already want to go back home. I am not sure if I will be able to handle the stress of living in a big city, the stress of my new job, or the stress of my new life!

The movers eventually finish lugging all of my boxes inside, so I head out to my car to fetch Leo. A big grin spreads across my face when I see him in the window. I open the door for him, and he springs from the car. His tail is wagging a mile a minute, and he is barking eagerly.

"Hi, buddy! Are you ready to go into our new home?" I coo while scratching behind his ear.

I grab one last box from my car and turn to head inside. Leo notices a squirrel scampering across the sidewalk. He takes off after the fluffy-tailed rodent. The leash falls out of my hand before I can get a better grip.

"LEO! Leo, come back here!" I shriek.

I frantically attempt to grab his leash, but the box I'm carrying is awkwardly heavy. I set the box on the ground and extend forward to grab the leash.

Suddenly, a dark leather shoe steps down on the leash, preventing Leo's escape.

I gasp and quickly pull back my hand. A gentle yet masculine hand seizes Leo's leash and returns it to me. I sense a spark as our hand's touch.

"You need some help, love?" the mysterious savior queries. He reaches down to help from off of the ground.

"I think I'm alright--" When my eyes meet his, all of my thoughts disappear. I am speechless.

Now that we are face to face, I can get a better look at him. He has caramel brown eyes and soft curly brown hair. His smile is contagious.

My smile becomes a puzzled look.

"What is it? What's wrong?" he asks, noticing a change in my expression.

"Oh, nothing. You look familiar." I respond.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've seen this guy before. He seems taken aback at the fact that I don't know him.

"You don't recognize me?" he chuckles.

"Should I?" I ask. Before he can respond, a large man appears behind him.

"Sir, we need to go. Your meeting starts in 15 minutes," the man mutters.

"Of course," he responds. He turns back to me.

"Well, it was nice to meet you," he replies.

We glance down at our hands and realize we are both holding the leash. He gently pulls his hand away, smiles, and continues down the street.

Well, that was interesting. I look down at Leo, whose attention has shifted back to me.

"Come on, Leo. Let's get inside."