Cheeky little moment that turned out to be my favorite memory

When I shut my eyes, I can go back to that night. I go back to how the breeze blew gently against my sweater, how your hand felt on my waist, the sounds of our feet crushing fallen leaves that scattered the wet ground. It feels like just yesterday, I wish it was just yesterday. Then we would not be a hundred miles apart, but a few classrooms away. You probably don't remember, while I find it impossible to forget.

I was a bit startled, not going to lie, yet nothing had ever felt more right. I wondered why you had moved me from your left side to your right. I thought you had noticed how passersby kept bumping into me. I smiled at the thought. The same smile that graces my face whenever I think of that night, The smile that belongs to you alone. Just for you to pull me out of my reverie by pulling down the tree branch now above my head bringing down the remnants of the earlier rain that had nested on the tree's leaves to lightly shower me. If I close my eyes and think long and hard I can still feel the breeze that blew when I threw back my head and laughed wholeheartedly. I can't forget our shared laughter, which seemed to happen frequently. That was the thing with us there was never a dull moment. Now every moment is dull because there's no US to share a laugh anymore.