Introduction

Diary entry: xx/xx/xxxx Deduction.

'The day has finally arrived. The owner no longer asks for anything else from us and we have been told than both sides can leave as equals. We just need to write on our own diaries, as the survivors have been doing all this time. We will have our last match later today, but this time it will be trés différent.'

It is hard to forget. The world is not an exact, perfect division of black and white, as there are thousands of greys within said extremes. When a person is exposed to the horrific, darkened truth, the outcome can greatly change. Some will face the situation and walk forward without second thoughts about it, while others will think twice before taking the first step. Doubts. Fear of the consequences. These might be a small price in exchange for freedom. Everyone would like to flee, as long as they are not one of those individuals who lack something worth fighting for outside. Those who are still looking for said goal or those whose biggest dream is still here. Those who feel that they still have things to do. Those who haven't inflicted enough pain... and those who feel guilt and want to make up for it.
Nevertheless, luck also plays an important role in these cases. No one is allowed to choose what do they want to remember or what do they want to forget, but five diaries went missing that day.

Room III: 'A loud, hysterical laugh fills the building from time to time. Her mix of expressions resembles strength and resistance, despite the lack of control. She is admirable, but futile'. Additional notes: Dr. Burke must stay away from her. Symptom: Uncontrollable Expressions. Patient: Tracy Reznik.

Room IV: 'She hasn't opened her mouth since she got here. When she dances the whole room seems to be full of color'. Symptom: Aphasia. Patient: Margaretha Zelle.

Room V: 'Lately he's been rejecting his owl's company. They used to be so close, now the patient tries to escape as far as he can, from both the institution and his pet. He feels observed'. Symptom: Restlessness. Patient: Eli Clark.

Room VII: 'He says there are people constantly staring at him'. Symptom: Paranoia. Patient: Norton Campbell.

Room IX: 'He claims to be one of us. He takes care of the patients, showing unnecessary sympathy for them. He's encouraging them to escape together, heightening their hopes. We have talked about locking him up in his room, as he refuses to live on the patients' wing, however, ours would get lonely without him. I have managed to make the others discard this option. He is of great help and we keep each other company. It would be a shame if I had to let him go. As long as we keep feeding his beliefs, he should remain comfortable and stay with us. As for me, I will stay by his side until he's ready to face reality. Meanwhile, we will work on that. Now that Dr. Burke's old techniques aren't seen with good eyes anymore, every kind of help does wonders for us. Besides, it's always a pleasure to pretend to work with Dr. Rorschach, as he claims to be called. I should not lose track of our very first objective. None should escape, not even mon artiste de l'évasion'. Symptom: Role-play Paranoia. Patient: Aesop Carl.

— Dr. Joseph Desaulniers, hypnotist.
Once their photographer.

Diary entry: xx/xx/xxxx Conclusion.

'I'm excited to start over. I cannot wait to make new, happier memories with him once we are out of here... As he says, it's as if we are about to rebirth. I would like to take him to France someday, mon chéri would love those beautiful gardens.'