Chapter 4

Dinah drove herself and Normani to IHOP for brunch because Dinah didn't eat and Normani rarely ate anything herself. Dinah of course knew that because Normani always work herself into starvation. Pulling up, Dinah gets out and opens the door for Normani signalling that they have reached their destination. Unplugging her ear buds, she gets out the car, interlock hands with Dinah before making their way in the building. Dinah of course locked her car.

"Hi welcome to IHOP." A light skin looking teen greeted.

"Hello, reserves for two." Normani smiled brightly at him causing him to blush.

"Sorry, I blush easy. It's not because of anything I swear." He told them while grabbing the menus.

He ushered them to follow and sat them down somewhere private.

"Get yourself settled down, get your orders ready because the waitress will be here shortly." He nods before leaving them alone.

"What a sweet boy." Normani picked up her menu.

"I think he's a little starstruck." Dinah chuckled before doing the same.

"Even if he was, he's still the cutest." Normani smiles as Dinah nods.

"Yeah..." She trailed off.

Soon after, after waiting 5 minutes. The waitress comes to their aid.

"Hi, are y'all ready to order your drinks?" She asked getting her pen ready.

"Yes, just can't wait to order our door also." Normani pushed aside the menu.

"Alright, what would you like Ms..." The waitress locked eyes with Normani.

"Coffee would be alright, just a basic Latte thank you." Normani leaned forward towards Dinah with her head rested on her hands.

"And you?" She ushered her pen at Dinah.

"Uh, black tea thank you." Dinah cleared her throat and the waitress nodded.

"Your drinks will be ready shortly." She told them and they nodded.

"Just so you know, we are splitting the bill because I know your ass wants to pay for this all." Normani leaned back in her seat.

"Please, if you think I'll let you pay for anything, your brain must be malfunctioning. I think you're delusional." Dinah rolled her eyes before laughing as Normani laughed also.

"Excuse me." She puts a fake hand on her chest dramatically before crossing her arms.

"I said what I said, I'm treating you to breakfast, lunch, and dinner." Dinah smirked.

"Okay Ms. Hansen, you win." Normani puts up her hands in defeat.

"Aye!" Dinah cheered before leaning back also, engaging into another conversation while they wait.

After receiving their drinks, they ordered their food. When their food came, they ate peacefully. Normani ordered carry out for King to eat for dinner since neither of his parents will be home. Getting in Dinah's car, they drive to King's school to go and pick him up.

"He's almost a teenager, Manz." Dinah tapped her hands on the steering wheel.

"I remember when we were teenagers, wasn't the best time for me." Normani giggled.

"What?" Dinah asked.

"I'm kidding, life was so much different back then." Normani touched Dinah leg before retracing her hand.

"Hey Moms." King greeted.

"Hello, and who's this?" Dinah asked.

"This is Queen, and she asked her parents if she could come over. They obviously said yes, now we need y'all permission." King scratched the back of her head as his parents looked at each other.