Chapter 13

We all went out of the car with the residents looking at us. Sooner, a Japanese man appeared and came rushing to Tacoy.

"Tacoy!" He shouted as he hugged Tacoy.

"Macoy!" Tacoy shouted and hugged him back. They both let go.

"Kamusta? (How are you?)" Macoy asked in a Japanese accent.

"Pogi pa rin. (Still handsome)"

"Me too." Then they both laughed. Tacoy then gestured to Maria, Freya and I and introduced us to him. He also introduced Macoy to us as his best friend. We were shocked when we realized that he is Jaime's grandson.

"Macoy, alam mo ba nasan si Tatay Eming? (Macoy, do you know where Tatay Eming is?). He has visitors."

"Oh." He said as he looked at us, "Come in."

Then we came in to their house with a sight of an old man, also in his 90s. Maria then cried, same as the man across from us.

"Maria."

"Jaime."

Finally, they meet. Moments later, Maria and Jaime are still inside, savoring their reunion while Tacoy and Macoy are still inside, trying to tell Macoy about their history to avoid confusion. I then saw Freya leave with an album, going upstairs, leaving me to sit alone in the living room.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I turned to see a nun smiling at me.

"Upstairs. Uh... she's not my girlfriend." I smiled.

"Oh, my mistake. Sorry. I'm Carmen Martinez." She then extended her hand to shake.

"Harry Styles."

"I came here to check if dad's okay. But I see he has visitors."

I giggled, "Yeah. Seems like it."

"But it's better if the man's got visitors. You see, he's dying."

I was shocked, speechless.

"Stage 4 Lung Cancer."

"I'm sorry."

"Thank you Harry, for bringing her to dad. It really means a lot to him. I placed his old letter to the museum, thinking that someone may find it and give it to her. And it found you. It found Freya too. There must have been a reason."

I smiled.

"I'm gonna go get your... friend." She smiled and left. Moments later, I decided to go upstairs and saw a balcony, where Freya was sitting on a bench.

"I can't believe they've met again." I said as she turned in my direction.

"Yeah."

I sat beside her.

"What now?"

"I guess we'll go home?" She smiled.