Eight

I can't believe it, Joe has a girlfriend and nobody ever knew about it until now, me.

I am sitting on the sofa which I am sleeping on for the next 3 nights, last night was hilarious but also very relaxing, Joe, Caspar and I just sat down and watched TV eating junk food that consists of popcorn, Pizza and crisps.

It's around 2:00 pm the day later and Caspar is out for the night in a meeting somewhere in London, he is going to stay at a hotel there because it will be easier for him.

Joe is sitting uncomfortably next to me as he tells me this.

"You have a girlfriend?" I repeat what he basically said, making sure that was he said is correct and I am not just hearing things

"Yeah, her name is Lilac" He says, I see his eyes light up and her name which makes my heart melt a little

"Wow, how long have you guys been together?" I ask him, suddenly intrigued of this topic, if he tells me this I want to know the details involved

"Around 3 months now..." He confesses and I gasp, that long without someone finding out? Wow Joe, sneaky "I know, I should've at least told Caspar now but it never really came up and I didn't know how to tell him you know, it's awkward... She's coming over tonight and I told her I was cooking an homemade meal which I obviously can't do, so I was wondering if by any chance –"

"I could cook?" A playful smile tugs on the corners of my lips and Joe nods ever so slightly "You're so lucky I learnt in the adoption centre" I lightly giggle and Joe tenses slightly when I mention the adoption centre but soon becomes relaxed again.

"Thank you" He smiles widely, pulling me into a hug, I hug him back for a few seconds before pulling away and skipping to the kitchen and getting ingredients out for the meal I want to prepare for Joe's special lady

"What kind of food does she like? Favourite meal? I need something to work with Joe give me some god damn answers!" I shout at him

"Her favourite meal is Salmon and dill fish cakes, I'm pretty sure..." He mutters but I catch it and I prepare everything needed

"Okay, now go make yourself busy while I perform a masterpiece!" I say in my best possible French accent which probably came out Italian, but you know, one can try.

It's around 40 minutes later when I completely finish, I set up the table into a elegant way and I place the two dishes down either side of the table, opposite each other, I grab to wine glasses and place them down and pour some expensive looking red wine into the glasses, I smile at when I achieved to create.

Joe is getting ready for his date which I find adorable, I dim the lights lightly and I play some soft musical from the computer, I shout Joe's name as loud as possible and he slowly makes his way up the stairs, he gasps at what he sees and then runs up to me and hugging me tight, I giggle against his chest, wow Joe loves hugs, lucky Lilac...

"I only expected the meal and you did all this! Thank you!" He looks at the meal and licks his lips.

There is a light knock at the door and Joe gives me the sign to leave, I give him a army salute before padding down the steps and into Joe's bedroom, but I don't shut the door, I want to see how this date plans out.

Joe's POV-

I take a deep breath before opening my door to see Lilac

"You look gorgeous!" I compliment, pulling her into a caring, loving hug, but she doesn't hug me back and I immediately know something is wrong. I try my best to prepare myself for what is going to happen next...

"Listen Joe, I have something to tell you..." Lilac sighs, making me very worried

"Okay, would you like to come in? I have your favourite meal..." I suggest trying to make a good thing out of a bad situation...

"I think it would be best if I stay out here..."

Ouch.

"Okay then..." I murmur sadly "I missed you when you were in America..." I confess and she gives me a small smile

"I'm not sure if you will miss me after this" I see her eyes get glossy and I know something is really bad, Lilac never cries, ever.

"Go on Lilac, you're scaring me..." I look at her with pleading eyes and a single, clear tear falls from her eye and down her face

"While I was away in America, I ran into your friend Jack, from jacksgap and my hotel didn't have my name on the list so Jack kindly offered me to stay at his house and I gratefully accepted it, until things got heated..." She confesses and my heart drops

"You made out!" I gasp and she nods slightly

"We made out and we, we –" she stutters and my eyes go wide

"You slept with him!" I shout, and more tears flow freely down her face "You cheated on my Lilac! I thought we were made for each other but you're just like the others!" I spit "How could you do this to me!? What's going to happen now Lilac?" I ask "To think that all this is for you..." I turn around to look at my apartment "Were so over!" I hiss, harshly.

"I know, I know, I deserve that, I'm sorry Joe, I love you so much but not as much as Jack, what I feel for Jack is special, we have a connection that we never had... I'm leaving, I'm moving in with Jack and Joe, were engaged..." She has the cheek to smile!

"You got engaged!? When we were still together?! How dare you!"  I hiss

"Joe, I'm so sorry!" She tugs at my arm but I shake her off

"Leave." I growl, I feel my vision getting blurry, I blink back the tears that are threatening to make an appearance, I never cry either but I thought Lilac and I were made for each other, soul mates...

"Joe, please don't do this..." She cries out

"I said Leave, now." I glare at her

"Goodbye Joe..." She whispers, turning around and beginning to walk away

"Bye Lilac" My voice stern as I slam the door shut.

I lot out a load yell and I jump on the couch, my face pressed up against it

I can't believe she would do that, I hear light footsteps close to me but I choose to ignore them

"Joe..." Catty's sweet, soothing voice says, I can tell she heard everything and I feel awful for it, I shake my head "Hey, hey, it's going to be okay, she seems like a bi-...  A horrible person anyway" Catty tries to make me feel better and I let myself smile slightly when she was about to curse

"I really liked her Catty..." I confess, sadly

"I know Joe-Joe, I know... Want to pig out on the dinner? I promise I will attempt not to drink the wine..." She giggles and I chuckle with her, I nod my head and I walk over to the table and Catty and I start pigging out to the delicious dinner that she made.

I'm glad Zoe and Alfie chose Catty... I really am.