Chapter 1 The Marks

Lyra woke and clenched her right leg which was agonizingly painful a black mark was starting to form on her on the side of it.
" what the..." she said out loud.

" Lyra wake up you're already late for school" her mum yelled from downstairs.
Jumping out of bed she put a pair of black jeans and a purple shirt grabbed her brown leather jacket and ran downstairs.
"Here" said Lyra's mum handing her her packed lunch.
" And don't forget that your dad and I are going out for the weekend,  Lyra your sister needs to be dropped off at Lora's this evening and Jaxy and Marko coming over right?" she asked.
"Yes—" Lyra replied but was cut off.
" Mom I don't want to go to Lora's, her parties suck and besides Chris won't be there!" Complained Lyra's little sister.
" Bianca Dale Vignette you don't talk to your mother like that" said Lyra's father as he walked into the room.
" And I don't want you spending so much time with Chris Banron,  you're only thirteen!"
" But dad"  said Bianca looking annoyed.
" End of discussion Bibi, Lyra can you drop off your sister"  said their father looking at her.
" Yes I can, I have fencing class after school but I can drop her off after that" said Lyra pulling on her winter boots.
" Have a nice day at school girls"  shouted her mother from the kitchen.
"Yeah" said Lyra running out the door and jumping on to her bicycle. With all the commotion she had forgotten about leg.
Arriving at school she immediately went to her locker.
"Lyra there you are I was starting to worry you were going to be late AGAIN! Said Lyra's best friend Jaxy coming over with Marco. 
Later that day as Lyra was preparing to go to her Fencing Club she asked Jaxy and Marco if they were still up we're coming over to her house.
" Definitely I just  archery club after school and then I'll drop home and have a shower and then I'll be there" said Jaxy.
" Yep I'm still up for it too I am going home to take a shower and I'm coming "  said Marco.
After fencing class and after dropping off a rather grumpy Bianca at her friend Lora's house Lyra went to take a quick shower.  While putting soap on her body she touched her right leg and yelped.
looking down she was  shocked to see that there was a tattoo going from her ankle all the way to her hip of a feather with flames on it. Hearing the doorbell ring she quickly put a towel around her and went downstairs. Opening the door she found an extremely pale Jaxy on the other side. 
"Are you okay" said Lyra opening the door wide enough so that Jaxy could come in.
" NO I don't know which mainiac in my house decided to tattoo me while I was asleep" said Jaxy turning around and pulling her shirt up so that  Lyra could see that there was a tattoo of a big wave on her lower back. After Lyra showed Jaxy that she also had a tattoo the doorbell rang again and Marco arrived just as pale as Jaxy.
" Tattoo" said both of the girls in unison.
" How did you know? " said Marco pulling up his long sleeve shirt and showing that he had a vine embedded in his skin going from the back of his ear all the way till the tip of his index finger on his left arm. After the girls showed him that they also had tattoos,  they all tried not to freak out not managing that well.
" What the hell is going on !!!" Exlaimed Marco.