Part 1-

My phone started vibrating against my bed side table. Begrudgingly I opened my eyes to see who was ringing me on my day off. To no surprise it was my best friend Leila.

"This had better be important!" I mumbled.

"Get out of bed you lazy bitch" I instantly rolled my eyes at her.

"This had better be good!" I have been friends with Leila long enough to know that she had something planned that I wasn't going to be a big fan of.

"We are going on a double date, be ready at 8 I'll be picking you up at that time whether you are ready or not!" Before I even had time to argue back she hung up. I threw my phone at my bed and sunk my head into my pillow.

Dating has never been something I've been interested in and she knew this.

I may as well think about getting ready for this date because it's already dinner time and it takes me a while to get ready. After having a shower I dried my hair and put it into pin curls. I may hate dating but self love is something I happen to enjoy.

For my makeup I did a neutral look because I was lucky enough to have flawless skin and prominent features. By the time I had done all of this it was half past 6 so I only had a bit of time before Leila was coming to pick me up. My anxiety started to kick in.

From an early age I had fear in men due to my father leaving me at a young age. I have never been in a relationship because my faith in men is non-existent but Leila refuses to let me live my life alone and therefore this is why I'm being dragged on yet another date.

Due to the fact that I have no idea where we are going for this double date picking an outfit was hard. After lots of trying on and debating I settled on a pair of tight leather pants, a white lace crop top and a pair of black block heels.

I heard the doorbell ring and shouted that it was open already knowing that it was Leila. I continued shoving the things I needed into my clutch bag. A presence could be felt before me and I looked up to see Leila and Cole staring at me.

"I'm practically ready!" I said whilst gesturing to my clothes and makeup.

"You can take your hair out on the way there because we cannot leave your date waiting'' She said as she pulled me towards the door of my house. I locked the door and joined her in the car.

The two of us sat in the car pulling grips out of my pin curls while her and Cole flirted, knocking me a bit sick. I couldn't wait for the ride to be over. Scratch that I can't wait for the night to be over.

As we pulled up at the restaurant I felt a wave of relief wash over me at my choice in clothing. Everyone seemed to be rocking the classy but casual look. This relieved me of the slightest bit of anxiety.

"Table for four under the name of Leila" Cole said as we approached a middle aged waitress. She smiled and led us over to the empty table. Once we were seated we decided to order a round of drinks whilst we waited for my date. We sent Cole to the bar to get them.

"So who is my date for the evening then?" A guilty look covered her face and I didnt know if I wanted to hear her answer.

"Okay so don't freak out but it's Cole's brother...". Confusion hit me, I have no idea who Cole's brother is.

"Why would that make me freak out?" As soon as the words left my mouth I noticed a figure approaching Cole at the bar and pulling him into a hug. When they released each other I caught a glimpse of his face and my heart started beating erratically.

"It's Bowen Ryan..." I couldn't even comprehend what was happening. Bowen Ryan is an upcoming celebrity who went viral on youtue doing his cover songs. He hasnt yet made it in the music buisness but trust me when I say it won't be long until he does.

I abruptly stood up from the table and started to whisper yell at Leila.

"I can not believe you! I'm going home".

"No you are not! Sit down now and stop being so dramatic... " She whispered back in an authoritative tone.

Before I even had a chance to act she pushed me back into my seat. Then as if it was planned the two guys started to make their way back to the table leaving me no option but to stay.

"Thanks babe and hi Bowen so glad you could make it" Leila smiled as she greeted the two of them and intercepted her drink.

Bowen smiled awkwardly clearly feeling out of place like me.

"Bowen this is Mollie, Mollie this is Bowen" Cole said trying to ease the awkwardness.

"Hi nice to meet you i'm Mollie... Which you already know because he just told you that" I instantly wished the whole world would just swallow me whole. He laughed which made me feel slightly less awkward. As the evening continued on Leila and Cole were too engrossed in each other that I think they forgot we were even here.

I learnt a lot about Bowen tonight.

He is actually quite similar to me. It turns out that his brother forced him on this date because he has never had a girlfriend. Kind of like how Leila forced me on this date to try and get me trusting in men. By the end of the evening I was actually quite sad because I had enjoyed my night for the first time in forever and I didnt want it to end.

"So..." I trailed off as we were saying our goodbyes.

"So... What are the chances of you giving me your number and maybe doing this again but just the two of us?" Bowen said nervously causing me to blush.

"I'd like that '' I smiled whilst sliding him my number sneakily to prevent Leila from seeing.

We then went our separate ways, I got into a taxi with Leila and Cole and Bowen went his own way. Once we arrived at my house I left the taxi and waved goodbye to Leila and Cole.

Once I was in bed I couldn't help but smile to myself like an idiot. Why was Bowen different to other guys, I just couldn't work it out, for some reason the thought of going out with him again doesn't repulse me.