The Confession

"Why is everybody scared of me?" Russia asked, looking extremely hurt.

No matter how much it hurt to see Russia like that, he had to be completely honest.

"No offense, dude, but you're terrifying because you like to witness people suffer." America stated bluntly.

Russia felt like he was punched in the stomach.

"Da, I see. I didn't think I was that scary." Russia wanted to prove to the man on his bed that he wasn't a monster.

Lunging into the American, Ivan smashed his lips against the Alfreds, who became rigid. Taking that response as rejection, he pulled away, looking into the blue eyes that always captivated him.

How can he be so fucking beautiful?

Suddenly, a look Russia has never seen before fell upon America's face.

Lust? Desperation? Love? Pity? Sympathy?

Russia was overwhelmed with thoughts that he didn't notice America leaning up to kiss him again. Wrapping his arms around the larger man's neck, he purposefully deepened the kiss, bringing them closer.

The Russian hauled himself onto the bed and carefully eased himself on top of America, supporting his weight with his elbows and knees, fearing that his weight might crush his mighty but fragile sunflower.

"I've always loved you, Amerika. Please forgive me for hitting you, da." Russia almost pleaded, he was scared that reminding America of the previous events might make him scared of him.

Just like the others.

America sighed and raked his hands through the platinum hair, brushing it out of Russia's eyes.

"Ivan..." Russia tensed. He sounded so serious. America was never serious. Leaning in to hear the important words about ready to spill from his luscious lips, America confessed his feelings straight-forwardly, leaving no room for any doubt.

"Ivan, I-I love you."