Treasons, Stratagems, And Spoils.

4. TREASONS, STRATAGEMS, AND SPOILS

Lucious comforts Cookie after her altercation with Candace and Franklin.

"Ay, baby, where are you?!"

Cookie's head snapped up from her hands where she'd been letting tears of defeat and despair fall at the sound of her husband's crass voice bellowing her name. She quickly brushed the tears sliding down her cheeks, not in the mood to answer all his questions about what happened. Because truthfully, Cookie didn't quite know what had happened. Everything had gone so fast, and she had no choice. She had no choice.

"Cookie! Oh." Lucious' loud voice dimmed at a single glance in his wife's direction. "Damn, baby." He sighed as he made his way toward her. Cookie sunk into his side when his arm wrapped around her. "What happened? Jamal told me about your Podcast." He questioned, concerningly, as he gripped her chin when noticing the nasty bruise purpling on her cut lip and her swollen eye that would likely get worse.

"Instagram Story." Cookie corrected, attempting to crack a joke but her husband was taking her bait.

"Who did this to you?" he growled out. His patience wearing thin as he took in just how bad her face was. His wife could handle her on but for someone to be able to do this kind of damage was serious. Lucious was seconds from rolling up on someone and ending their life for what they'd done to his Cookie Monster. Cookie tried to pull away, but he refused. "Who did this?" he repeated.

Her shoulders slumped. "Franklin." She muttered, reluctantly. Lucious' eyebrows furrowed; the name not ringing a bell. "Candace's son." she added as she curled her hand around his arm to prevent him from doing something impulsive before she could properly explain the situation.

"Candace's son?" he roared out, ready to pounce to his feet. "A nigga did this to you?"

"Lucious," Cookie snapped, refusing to let him go. "Lucious!" she shouted over his daggering glare. "Could you just sit down and listen to me first before you go out and do something stupid?" The glare hardened. She put a hand to his cheek. "Please."

He grunted but nodded, sinking back down on the bed. She explained what had happened from the moment she heard her sister's petrified scream to when Candace had slapped the shit outta her for calling the police. Lucious tenderly took her hand in his to examine her bruised knuckles.

"You hit him like a nigga." He mused. Cookie pursed her lips at him. "Ay, I'm just saying."

"Stupid ass." she muttered but cracked an unwitting soft smile. He knew how to lighten a dark mood. "And how she won't return my calls. I had no damn choice! He would've killed her Lucious!"

"Hey," he shushed, cupping her cheeks. "You know that. I know that, and deep down, she knows that. Just give her a beat, baby. She'll come around."

"You think?" she murmured, showing her vulnerability at the prospect of her older sister never forgiving her, as she peered into his light hazel eyes underneath her black lashes with blurred vision from all the tears.

He nodded. "Positive, Cook." He leaned forward to kiss her bruised lips, gently, as his hand came up to caress her tear-stained cheeks. "How 'bout I get us some chocolate ice cream?" he suggested once he pulled back.

Cookie chuckled. "I'm not a child, Lucious." Her husband gave her a pointed look that caused her to sigh. "Bring some chips, too." He grinned before rising to his feet. "Don't take too long!" she yelled out, not wanting to be out of his presence for too long at the moment.

-

this is just a lil something to get me back into this one-shot book. You'll get a saucy one shot today, too. working on it now y'all.