Chapter one

~Maya's POV~

*Beep Beep Beep*

The first day at my new school. Gee, just what I need. You see, I have had many new days at school. Ever since my mother passed away, my father has been moving us around the country, he says it's to explore the world and refresh our minds however I think that he is just distracting himself from the fact that he will never be able to see his wife again.

I can't blame him though. My father is an amazing role model and has always tried his hardest to be the best dad that he can be, even though he has been through a lot. I admire him a lot for that.

Eventually I dragged myself out of bed and started deciding what to wear. Today I chose my mom jeans, my favourite white sweater as it's the middle of winter, and to top it off, I threw on my black vans. For some odd reason I wanted to make a good impression at this school, usually I don't bother but this time I wanted to stand out.

"Maya hurry your ass up or you're going to be late!" My dad called eagerly to get me out of the house. I ran a brush through my hair, grabbed my backpack and raced down the stairs.

"Calm down old man, it takes time to look this good you know!" I jokingly said walking into the kitchen and grabbing a breakfast bar out of the pantry.

"Okay sweetheart" he said sarcastically rolling his eyes. "You might want to get going now if you want to make it on time"

"Nah, I got time" I replied.
I glanced at the mustard yellow clock that hung above the stove.

"Oh, shit you're right, I'll see you after school, love you" I said in between mouthfuls of my breakfast bar as I headed out of the door.
This is going to be a long day...