Chapter Three

~Maya's POV~

The students started collecting their stuff and leaving to lunch, but I decided to stay back.

I stood up and slowly started packing my things into my bag, and as I was putting my folder on the shelf, the last person left the room.

I looked over at Miss White to see her focused on her book, with her glasses sat comfortably on the bridge of her nose. 'God she looks adorable like that' I thought as I approached her desk.

She looked up at me and adjusted her glasses in her face.
"Hello, is everything okay Maya?" She said smiling at me.

"U-Um yes, I actually had a question for you" I stuttered looking into her eyes. 'Gosh, I look like such a weirdo right now' I thought to myself as I looked to the floor.

"Of course, you can ask me anything!" Miss White said putting her book down with a confused and caring look on her face.

"Well, um, you see..." I began. 'Pull it together Maya, she's just your teacher' I thought angrily to myself.

"Is there anything I need to catch up on to get to everyone else's level in class?" I asked her looking at the floor ashamed that I had made a mockery of myself.

"Well, you could read chapters 4,5 and 6 and take a few notes, you should be all caught up if you do that" she replied standing up.

"Okay thank you" I said breaking eye contact and turning to leave.

"Hold it right there Miss Adams" Miss White strictly said to me. I blushed. She's so sexy when she talks like that.

"U-Uhh..." I stuttered.

She took note of my nervousness and smiled at me warmly.

"You're not in trouble Maya, I just need to let you know that I don't tolerate any funny business in my classroom"

"Oh, I'm sorry-" I stared before she cut me off.

"It's fine, i would usually give out detentions for being rude in my lessons, however I'm letting you off the hook as it's your first day. If it happens again, you're not getting any special treatment okay?" Miss White told me as she smiled at me.

"You're really smart Maya, please use your skills to the best of your ability. You have real potential, don't waste it" she said looking into my eyes with a hopeful look.

I looked at her not knowing what to say.
"I will, thank you. I'll see you second tomorrow" I said smiling and waking out.

I got into the cafeteria and found Jason. I don't know him well but he's really growing on me. I think that we could be close friends.