{5}

i'm at home again.  why am i home? i looked to my left and saw mattia.  what?

"who the fuck is this?" i heard.  i looked straight ahead and saw my dad. 

"he's a friend."

"bullshit," he said, pointing to our hands that had magically interlocked.  he took a step towards us, causing me to take a step back. 

"you can't run from me!" he said and lunged toward me.  i felt mattia's leave mine.  i looked around for him but he was nowhere to be seen.  as i was looking for him, my dad got a hold of me.

"no, please stop!" i screamed.

"shut up!" my dad yelled and threw me on the floor, kicking me repeatedly.

"please,

stop!" i shot up in bed.  i felt a hand on my back and flinched, but looked to my side to see mattia. 

"you're okay.  you're okay," he said, rubbing my back.

"i'm sorry," i said, rubbing my forehead, "i didn't mean to wake you up."

"you didn't, i was still up," he said.  i looked over at the clock.  4:03 a.m.

"did you have a nightmare?" he asked.  i nodded. 

"i'm sorry," i said again, covering my face with my hands.

"it's okay.  just try and get some sleep, okay?" he said and got off the bed. 

"wait," i grabbed his hand, "can you stay with me?"

"are you sure?" he asked, squeezing my hand.

"please?" i asked.  he nodded and got in bed next to me, throwing the covers over us.  he pulled me closer to him and i laid my head on his chest, slowly falling asleep.

***

    i woke up the next day with mattia's arms wrapped around me.  i looked at him and he was still sleeping, snoring lightly.  i looked over at the clock.  12:21.  i sat up, mattia's arms falling as i did so.  once i successfully got out of mattia's arms, i went to the bathroom.  i brushed my teeth, washed my face, brushed my hair and got dressed in a yellow sweat shirt, blue ripped jeans, and my mom's necklace.  she gave it to me a few months before she passed.  i exited the bathroom to see mattia just waking up. 

"hey," i said, softly and set my bag on the ground. 

"hey.  how did you sleep?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.  if i'm being honest, i haven't slept that good since my mom died.  falling asleep in his arms made me feel safe and secure.

"good.  what about you?"

"good," he said, standing up, "i'm gonna go to the bathroom."

    when he closed the door behind him, i checked my phone to see a message from vic and a message from my dad. 

vic🦕💜

hey girll, how's it going
;))
10:38 p.m.

it's going fine. we just woke
up
12:29 p.m.

you slept over there?!

yeah, my dad didn't want
me at home

did you guys cuddleee🥰

shut up.

you totally did

viccc