Chapter 6**

"If you ask me that question one more time, I'm going to personally make sure you are never able to have kids again." Dev shut up really quickly because he could see how frustrated I was getting. He had been asking me how I was feeling for like the last 10 minutes nonstop. No joke.

"I'm sorry Jay, but I just want to make sure you are fine." I sighed. I couldn't be mad at him because I knew it was just him being worried. Ever since I told him about my pregnancy, he's been freaky protective and the fact that I got sick this morning with morning sickness is not helping.

"Look, just go to work and don't worry about me, okay? Promise that you won't worry?" He sighed and closed his eyes.

"I can't promise that but I will be a little less overbearing."

"Thank you." He smiled at me and pecked my forehead before he got up and grabbed his keys to leave. Since rekindling our friendship, Devon always stopped by to check on me before he went to work. Dad would be out of town for another month so far, and mom had already left by now.

I grabbed my book bag and grabbed about 5 granola bars before I left to wait outside. Instead of driving myself to school, Brandon thought he'd take it upon himself to pick me up and drop me off after school. I was perfectly content to drive, but I'm learning that it is easier to just pacify the Clark brothers.

I stuffed the granola bars in my book bag, just in case a craving hit. During the day recently, I would get really hungry; it's actually really annoying. Brandon appeared in my driveway and I walked over to his car and plopped down. "Can we go to McDonald's?" I gave Brandon the puppy dog eyes that I knew he couldn't resist and he groaned.

"Fine, let's get boo bear some food for her and little boo." I chuckled.

"Boo bear?"

"Yup, I came up with it and you are just so adorable I had to do it." I rolled my eyes at him but made no complaints about the name. He took me to McDonald's and paid for my food. When we arrived at school, I kissed Brandon on the cheek and took my food to Devon's room. Ms. Davies wouldn't report me for skipping, so I just decided to spend homeroom in Devon's room now. At least I wouldn't have to engage in mindless conversation in here.

When I walked in, there was a girl my age flirting with Devon. He looked really uncomfortable and his eyes lit up when he saw me walking into the room. She hadn't noticed me so when she saw his eyes it up she assumed it was from her.

"So you finally see that we are good for each other? You're hot. I'm hot. How about I make you feel good real quick?" Oh no. Something about that comment put me on edge, and I didn't like the feeling in the pit of my stomach. I slammed the door shut which caused her to jump and look at me. She narrowed her eyes at me and I rose an eyebrow and started rubbing my stomach. Ever since seeing my bump, I've gotten that habit. She glanced down at my hand and her eyes widened when her eyes caught sight of my bump.

"Umm can you stop flirting with my teacher so I can eat and get tutored in peace?" She scoffed.

"Like I care about your slutty self or your tutoring. We were about to do something, weren't we?" She turned and winked at Devon.

"Actually we weren't. This is illegal and I definitely wouldn't have chosen to break the law with you." Wow, Devon was really a butthole. She looked at him wide eyed before turning back to me with deadly eyes.

"See what you did, slut?" I closed my eyes and grabbed the bridge of my nose.

"Look, I don't know who you are. I honestly don't care, but I need you to stop annoying me so early in the morning." I put my McDonald's bag on the desk and sat down in a desk.