Chapter 1: Snowflakes Met Pure Ice

Half-demon, half-breed, half-bloods. Demeaning names to describe a creature born from a human parent and a demon parent, a being that could neither be identified as one or the other. Constantly on the run for their weakness by true demons and attacked by humans for their demonic traits, they existed as one of the loneliest and saddest creatures. They belonged nowhere and everywhere, searching for a place they could call "home" in the cruel world. Isolated from kind-hearted people, they could only rely on themselves. That was the fate of a half-demon.

It was for that reason, that many half-breeds cursed themselves to the point of death.

"Just leave me alone! I already told you I don't taste good! Hasn't anyone taught you any manners?"

The land showered in a coat of white, the howling of the wind echoed throughout the mountains. Wailing and moaning in a thunderous clap of avalanches, disasters and natural phenomenon, the land could only cry at its isolation; at the lone half-breed venturing on its grounds. Cold and frozen, it was usually void of both demons and humans.

Yet, despite choosing the location to call home for that very reason, Koko seemed to only get warped into more trouble. Everyday and every night, without fail, demons ran for her hide and sang for their chance to eat her flesh. Laughing and mocking, they chased her for the fun of picking on the creature they considered weak.

The blue-haired female has never been a weak half-demon. She was a snow wolf built and trained for battle in the icy cold tundra, to withstand the coldest and volatile of temperatures. Even so, the woman would only do so much with her iron-fold fans in her hands. Days full of battles and few breaks, injuries took its toll on her body and grew weak from the lack of food supply. Emerald orbs became blurry but still held strong, hands ran cold as her natural source of heat depleted with her blood.

I need to find somewhere to rest, Koko staggered in the snow, holding onto her wounded side and ignoring the numb feeling in her left arm. Her snow-flake decorated kimono was stained with blood, its beautiful silver turning a dark shade of crimson red. She was determined to live. Dammit. If only I wasn't a half-breed, I wouldn't be in this situation...!

Day becoming night, the winds became violent and a blizzard arose. Masses of specks of ice and snow plagued the mountains, raging at the beasts that would attack the snow wolf. The demons at her heels slowed from the snowstorm, incapacitating their freedom of movement and their senses. For just a moment, she had the chance to get away from them. Blue wolf ears twitched at the sound of crunching footsteps, waiting for the moment they could no longer be heard under the rage of the mountain's sky. The second she could no longer hear their chasing footsteps, she used the last of her strength to sprint through the snow and for the nearest form of safety she knew of.

She should've known to run much further away, to a land no monster could reach.

"Hehe, half-breed," trapped against a cliff, Koko became surrounded by three large ogres. Fangs protruded from under their lips as they gurgled and laughed at their so-called victory. "We found you!"

The wolf clenched her teeth, tightening her grip on the iron fan. "Leave me alone, dammit! Now, Spike Blizzard!"

Spikes of ice rained down from the sky, two of the damn demons failing to escape and died at the mercy of the harsh torture of stabbing. But the third was smart, skillfully avoiding and deflecting her attack with the typical club. Smirking as if it had won, it advanced quickly with the intent to kill and take a bite of her meat.

And Koko no longer had any power to give, nowhere to run and no one to save her.

Am I going to die here?