10

You start to walk inside and Zach comes out of the water following you. 

Zach: Hey whats up

Y/N: I think we should talk about....us

Zach: What about us

Y/N: Well me and the girls were just talking and they made some good points like how I don't know if we are just friends or if we are together and we need to talk to find out where we are.

Zach looks at you and then over to the rest of the group outside. You could tell he felt uncomfortable.

Zach: Lets go somewhere private to talk about this

You nod and you both start to walk upstairs. You didn't understand how the "big and strong fuckboy" was now all the sudden uncomfortable and quiet. You could tell he didn't like to be seen like this so you followed him to the guest room.

Zach: The reason I took you up here is becau-

Y/N: I know. I could tell by the way you acted. I understand that you don't like to talk about this around others and it may seem a little weird but its ok, I understand.

Zach: No it's actually not that. The reason I don't like to talk about that stuff in front of others is because last time I fell in love, she broke my heart in front of our entire school. Now i'm kinda afraid to show affection to someone else around others. I'm afraid i'll somehow get hurt again and relive that moment again.

Y/N: Zach--

Zach: No its ok, I understand that you want to get an answer but I need some time to think. Y/N, I do think your amazing but before I can really 100% put my heart into a relationship again, I need some time to think. I really hope you understand and this is all me, this has nothing to do with you. 

You felt a little sad and hurt but you understood that he needed time and you respect that.

Y/N: I understand, take your time.

You smile faintly and get up to walk downstairs. You go outside to tell everyone your leaving cause you don't feel so well and you call an Uber to take you home. As soon as you get home you can hold your tears in any longer. You run into your room and slam the door shut not caring if you would get in trouble. You were crying so hard that it almost hurt to let it out. 

After an hour of crying and not understanding if you did something wrong or not, you fall asleep quietly and have the most weirdest dream ever about Zach. He was physically breaking your heart and you can't do anything about it. You were gasping for life as he looked into your eyes with anger but you could still tell that he had some good left. You wake up from your nightmare laying in a puddle of sweat but not realizing Zach has his arms wrapped around you sleeping in your bed. He must have snuck in while your mom wasn't home. You were confused but felt all your pain go away and you felt happy again. You felt like you were safe with him so you quietly fell back asleep again. You knew that Zach did love you but he just needs to tell you when he feels like its right and when he is comfortable and confident.