The Funeral

𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝗼𝗺𝐞 𝗺𝗼𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭, 𝐜𝐮𝐳 𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝. 𝐈 𝐢𝗺𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝗺𝐞. 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝗼𝐟 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝗺𝐞, 𝐌𝐀𝐉𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐒. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃. 𝐍𝗼𝐰 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝗼𝐲.

-Lioness

***

"I love you 3000." And then Tony smiles, as the hologram disappeared. On the couch, who had been watching the hologram of Tony Stark were Pepper, Morgan, and Peter with Rhodes, Steve and Happy just behind the couch watching.

All had tears dripping down there faces like fucking crazy, flowing like rivers. Peter had suffered loved ones losses before. But this, this was new. This was empty. This was cold. This was pain.

And it hurt. It hurt so fucking bad. 

Pepper picked up Morgan, and walked out with all of them following. (𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝗼𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝗼 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝗼𝗺 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝗼𝐟 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫. 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝗺𝐞.) Peter was right behind her, but didn't follow her all the way to the river bank. 

Pepper then dropped into the river his first ark reactor, saying 'proof that Tony Stark has a heart.' 

She set down Morgan and everyone watched the reactor float off on the lake. The Avengers, who were right behind where Peter was standing, watched him. "He is the spider dude." Said Rhodes.  All the Avengers ohhhed, before feeling bad for the boy. 

He was standing alone, and pretty close to Pepper and Morgan, meaning he was important to Tony. Tearing were flowing down his red puffy cheeks, but his face, emotionless. He was staring at the reactor as it float away, with no emotion except pain and even anger showing in his doe-like features. 

"Tony told me he thought of him as a son, do you think Pepper does too?" Asked Steve. Natasha shook her head. "Probably not, I don't even know if they have met." Happy shook his head, meaning yes they definitely had, but none of them saw.

Pepper turned around, and moved her hand showing him to come over. "Come here son." Peter shook his head, more tears flowing down his pale cheeks. Pepper shook her head, before grabbing his hand and bringing him up to the very front. 

She turned to him and hugged him, and silently Peter sobbed into her shoulder, making no noise whatsoever. When they released, Peter turned and picked up Morgan. She nuzzled her head into his neck and turned to watch the reactor peacefully float down the river. 

***

The funeral had been over for 15 minutes. The only ones left were Nick, Pepper, Morgan, Happy Peter and the Avengers. Everyone but Peter were sitting on the porch watching Peter standing by the lake. 

He was speaking, but they could hear him. "Hey Scott, can you send a little drone to listen to him?" "Sure Mrs Potts." He pulled out a little drone and his phone, so they could listen to what the drone could hear on his phone. 

The drone flew over to Peter and landed on his shoulder, undetected, or so they thought. 

Scott turned it up to hear what the teen was saying. "You totally have the best family. I met some of the Avengers, they were pretty cool. I don't think they like me though, but that's ok. Most people think I'm a bother. I mean, Flash told me my parents and aunt and uncle all died to get away from me, which is terrible but possibly true. I miss you Tony, you were the only one who told me everything he said wasn't true. You made me believe in myself. Thank you. I'm going to try to stay away from Mrs Potts and Morgan, cuz ya know. You going to heaven is and example of ParkerLuckᵗᵐ, everyone who gets close to me dies. Your probably worried that will happen to your family, so I'm going to stay at the orphanage I'm living at until I can start going to college and get a good career. I plan to go to MIT and follow in your footsteps. I'm only a junior, but they excepted me when I was a sophomore so I'm leaving in 2021. I'm excited to go to where you went to college. And I promise to take care of Mrs Potts and Morgan if they ever need me. I don't know what to do about spider man yet, but I'm gonna take a break. MJ and Ned where really upset about your passing. I was with MJ yesterday and her and Ned were sad they weren't invited to the funeral, but it's ok. I don't think Mrs. Potts  would've cared about them coming, but there cool with it and asked me to tell you that you were one of the greatest people they have ever met, and they hope your having a good time in heaven. And Mr Stark, you even made MJ CRY and that's crazy! Well, I better get going Tony. MJ said after the funeral we could go to her house and have pizza and ice cream while watching Star Wars, to make me feel better. You were so important to me Tony, thanks for believing in me when no body else did. Tell my mom, dad, Uncle B-Ben and Aunt M-May I m-m-miss them, and I'm excited to see you guys again someday. See y-you later, I l-l-love you D-Dad." 

By the time Peter was finished, every person who has heard that was sobbing, tears rolling down there  cheeks. They then all decided that they were going to protect him with there lives. No 16 year old should have to go through that much before they were even an adult yet. When they looked up. They saw Peter had turned around, and had started to walk slowly over the board walk. 

He looked up, gave them a teary smile, and started to walk out before Pepper stood and walked over to him. "Oh Peter." Was all she could muster through her tears before bringing him into a bone crushing hug, which he thankfully excepted. 

When they pulled away, she lead him over to the porch and sat down with him. She lay his head on her shoulder and she ran her hands through his chocolatey curls. They sat in a comfortable, sad silence until Peter looked around at all of them and gave a sad chuckle. 

"Ya know Mr. Lang, you should really make your drones more quieter. If you need it, I can help with that and make them totally sound proof." Everyone stared at him in shock, how could he have heard the ant sized drone?! 

Scott shook his head up and down, to stunned to say anything. Clint spoke up. "We're sorry kid, we just wanted to make sure you were ok." Peter looked surprised. "Wow, never really had that happen to me much. Thank you." 

***

Pepper refused to listen to what Peter said about ParkerLuckᵗᵐ, and adopted Peter. He became Peter Stark, and Morgan's older brother. Morgan loved him more than anything. 

He ended up getting married to MJ and she had twins. A boy and girl, Anthony Benjamin Stark, and Mary May Stark. The Avengers moved to the tower, and they became a family when Peter took over at Stark Industries. 

He visits his families graves every Sunday, telling them all about his week. He misses them, but knows there here. 

Currently, there all in the lounge watching g Star Wars, and everyone is either sleeping, or watching with content. Peter suddenly felt a wave of sadness overcome him thinking about his family, but all he had to do was look around for it to be taken of by happiness.

All he needed was right here. 

Mary, Richard, Ben and May Parker stood in the kitchen with a certain Tony Stark watching the family. "Do you think he knows?" Asks May, with her husbands arm wrapped around her shoulder and standing next to her sister, Mary.

Peter looks over at the empty kitchen from the couch and smiles.

Tony looks at her from where he is leaning on the counter, smiling at his family. 

"Oh, he knows." 

~~~

𝐈 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐎𝐘𝐄𝐃.

-Lioness