THE LAKE

Draco looked at the clock again. Five minutes more and the class would be over for the day. He had been watching time pass the entire day still battling over the question as to should he go or not. Near the lake he had said.

Harry looked back at the castle behind him. The classes were done. He had been waiting for nearly an hour by the lake. He picked on the grass near his foot watching over the lake. He could see the giant squid swimming inside as it flashed tiny lights on its tentacles.
"Yer father and Sirius gifted it on their final year " Hagrid had said " Professor Mcgonnagal was not impressed "
Harry bet she wasn't. Sirius. He was no longer the man who had betrayed his friends. The first thing Harry did after the war. It wasn't hard. They never found peter's body. Nagini. Harry knew Voldemort wouldn't waste his resources for her. But Mcgonagal had testified. Kingsley. Andromeda. Ron. Hermione. Molly. Arthur. Bill. Everyone. He remembered feeling the lump in his throat as he heard about his godfather. When he stood on the stand, the words wouldn't stop pouring. About the broom. Grimmauld palace. Kreacher. His will. About how he came out of prison not to kill Peter but when he realised Peter was near Harry. He only wanted to protect Harry. Always. 
James and Lily would knew but now, would the whole world. They would know too. His godfather was innocent. He had protected his friends till the end. He had protected Harry.
" Ahem" Harry turned around to see Draco standing behind him.
" Draco" he said hurriedly getting up; running his fingers through his hair.
" Hello Potter" he said.
A smile crept up on Harry's lips but it got caught halfway as a frown replaced it.
There was icing below his hair. Pink icing. His robes were cleaned. His hair a little messier than the usual perfectly slicked back.
He had cleaned up.
" Who did it? " Harry heard himself asking.
" Did what? " asked a baffled Draco.
He walked up to him and cleared the icing below his ear as a bewildered Draco stood stunned.
" This" he said.
Harry knew it wasn't easy after the war. The least on Draco. He had seen the random spells in the corridors sending him flying off to the nearby walls. The bruises from the crutiatus
curse.
But not even from the very start of the semester had he enjoyed watching him getting bullied around. He knew what it was like to be on the other side of all that hatred.
" Who did this? " he asked.
Draco could feel his heart pounding on his chest. He had ran back to the dorm to clean it. Every last bit of it. He didn't want Harry to know. Even though he was sure he knew, he didn't want him to know.
" That's just Parkinson's doing " he hissed as he waved his hand.
" Was it the sixth years? " he asked.
How could he tell him that it was the third year gryffindors, one whom he had witnessed Goyle put the cruciatus curse upon, who had played the hurling cupcakes game on him?
" It was Pansy " he said as he walked past him.
Harry stopped him by his arm.
"Draco Malfoy you tell me right now who the fuck dared to do this to you?"
Draco was startled by the anger in his voice.
They were standing so close.
"I- .. Pansy. We were playing with icing" he said in a soft voice.
Harry looked at his eyes. The silver grey eyes. He had never heard him speak so softly. He let go of his arm and took a step forward.
"Are you sure?" he barely whispered.
Their noses were almost touching. Draco couldn't move as he saw those emerald green eyes. The smell of his cologne engulfing his nose. His messy hair almost touching his fore head.
He nodded his head.
Harry wasn't surprised as the sudden urge to kiss him arose. He brought his hand up to Draco's face and caressed his cheek.
So soft. So cold against his warm hands.
"If I find out who ever did this, I won't hesitate to go after them" he said.
Draco couldn't move. His warm hand on his cheeks, as his thumb gently caressed his cheeks.. it felt so surreal.
And before he knew, Harry's face had crossed the inch of separation. His lips were on his.
Harry kissed the soft pink lips with just a peck and watched a stunned Draco not move from his place. He put his arms around him as he went in for a longer one. He could taste something sweet and strawberry. His heart was pounding off his chest as adrenaline rushed through his veins. He engulfed his entire mouth with his own, caressing his lips.
Draco closed his eyes and opened his mouth as Harry's tongue invaded. Tasting. Teasing. Sucking. Eating his lips as if they were the only people in this entire world and he wanted to devour him. Draco could feel this sense of urgency that came with his every stroke. He felt the same. Adrenaline rushed through his body as he put his arms around Harry's shoulder before realising..
What the actual fuck he was doing.
He pushed Harry as hard as he could as they both gasped for air.
What the hell was he doing kissing Harry fucking Potter like that?!
He could see the twinkle of mischief in Harry's eyes.
"How dare you do that to me Potter?" he asked, enraged.
Harry was confused.
"Seemed like you were enjoying a few moments earlier" he said, a slight smile on his lips.
"How dare you!" Draco shouted.
He started storming off past Harry.
A startled Harry went after him. He put his arms around him from behind, halting him.
"Stop it" Draco squirmed. But Harry just wouldn't let go. He couldn't.
"Let me go" Draco shouted.
Harry still held on to him as Draco squirmed and struggled with his entire might yelling absurdities and asking to be let go off.
"Draco stop!" Harry said "I am sorry if that caught you off guard. I should have asked you first. Please don't be angry with me."
Draco stood still.
How could he care so much about his feelings rather than his own?
And before he knew, Draco Malfoy started crying.
.
.
P.S. Let me know in the comments if you liked it. If so then I will be posting a new chapter by today evening ❤️ Thankyou so much for reading 🙏🏻