01.

"She got that Erykah Badu. The kind that makes a man go crazy."

A skinny peppermint mocha for Alina, a caramel brulée latte for Adele, a vanilla rooibos tea latte for Alleyah, and a caramel macchiato for Addie. Alina continued to repeat this in her head and checkd her phone with her manicured fingers to find a few text messages from her best friends.

Alina Pena was stunning with glistening jet black hair that landed on the middle of her back and bounced with her every movement, and caramel brown eyes. She could pass as a Victoria's Secret model and was gorgeous in that fierce type of way. Her walk put any model to shame and her tanned skin was perfect- there was no blemish or zit in sight.

She raked a hand through her bouncy curls and pouted her already-naturally-pouty lips. She always had to be the one to pick up the drinks.

Alina turned just in time for her twin brother to knock on her door. She opened it to find him dressed in a plain black shirt and black Levi's. His black hair was tousled and his skin was slightly more tan than usual because of being out in the sun earlier in the week. The same chain that signified their Native American roots hung loosely around his neck and had been for years was unsurprisingly there. He never took it off. Ever.

"Do you want me to drop you off at school?" Elan and his sister were in their last year of college now and he offered to take her to school every morning since the semester had begun in the Spring, which still surprises her. She didn't know her brother could be so nice. It was now the first day of the Summer semester and she honestly couldn't be any less excited for it. She didn't really favor school.

"Yeah, just let me get dressed real quick. We have to stop by Starbucks on the way."

"Of course. Okay, just hurry up. I'll be waiting downstairs." She noded and he closed the door behind him.

Alina put her thick and unruly hair into a big bun on her head and slipped on a black netted skater skirt and black crop top to expose her belly button piercing. Her outfit, like the rest of the clothing in her walk-in closet, gave shape to her curves and accentuated each one. Slipping on blood red pumps to add bold color to her all-black outfit and pursing her lips to add blood red lipstick, she headed out with her knapsack bag draped on one shoulder, while both dainty hands tapped away fiercely at a text from one of her friends.

"Alright, I'm ready. Leggo."

"Leggo?" Élan said in an annoyed tone. "Who says that anymore?"

"I do." She smirked and held the front door for him before locking it behind her and putting the house key in her bag pocket.

"Of course. No wonder why I'm cooler than you."

"Yet people love being around me more. Just admit I'm the life of the party."

"Maybe after you stop using such lame terms."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and smacked his shoulder lightly. They got in the car and reached the Starbucks in no more than ten minutes. She headed out quickly and muttered an 'I'll be right back' before opening the door to the soothing smell of brewed caffeine. She ordered the usual, got hit on by two or three or seven guys, and went back in the car with a smile on her face and a cute new stranger to add to her contacts.

"Where's my coffee?"

"Here you go, plain, just like you." She grinned and tried hard not to laugh.

"Oh how original." He mumbled in a bored tone.

"Just like me." She winked.

"Sure, let's go with that." He placed the cup in a holder and resumed driving. When they got to the campus, Alina was the first to get out and said a quick goodbye before rushing to her friends at the usual meeting spot.