Part 9

Part VII: Reaper

Chapter 21

"No, no please!" a man yells.

"Goodbye! Your time is up," and with one full swing, I cut his soul to be released.

Such a tragic end. He chooses to live in solitude instead of doing something interesting with his life. I've killed a total of 4,023 people. Some unleash their inner urge to kill, others choose to self-sacrifice. There are few that do surprise me, but with the number of kill points I have, that doesn't happen as often as I like it to.

One after another, I execute and find new people to play the game. Some kills are boring by a heart attack, others are because I fill an inner urge for others to do it for me. There is no quota to meet, rather I find my kills by roaming the streets and the timelines attach to the people will tell me who is next.

Cody, Ralph, and Orion are located at the wharf. I narrow in to hear their conversation.

"Dude, did you tell him?" Cody annoyingly asks.

"Yeah, I did. He said he's on his way," Ralph defends himself.

"Relax guys. He's always late," Orion reasons.

"You're not going to miss, right?" Ralph narrows his eyes towards Cody.

"I have the best shot out of the three of you, you don't get to tell me if I'm going to miss," Cody challenge.

There is a car that drove by, the color, make, and model is unclear because of how dark it is, but the light from it made it visible to see it was coming.

"All right, Ralph. You're up," Orion commands.

"Yeah, yeah," Ralph says as he walks towards the car.

Michael steps out of the car dressed in all black. He has a stern look in his eyes like an animal finding prey. He starts slowly walking towards Ralph, then increases momentum.

"Hey, Michael!" Ralph calls, and Michael was only seconds away before he charges right at him.

"What the-," Ralph reacts while trying to pull Michael off. They continue to wrestle with Ralph trying to keep Michael's hands off his neck.

"Why won't Cody just shoot him when he's on top of me?" Ralph thought.

Cody had his gun lined up, he was ready to pull the trigger, but it wasn't time yet.

"That crazy mother fucker," Cody thought. "It's too soon to shoot yet, but Ralph needs help."

Cody touches his nose to signal to Orion there is a change of plan. Orion extinguishes the fireworks from lighting up into the sky.

I see what is going on. The wharf is the place where people drink. They want to mask the sound of the gun with the fireworks. Clever, but they need to time it right because it's only a matter of time before the police arrive because of the disturbance.

Only seconds past, but it felt like years to Cody just waiting for a clear shot now. Ralph was always on the heavier side, he would be the easier one to shoot, but that was out of the question for him.

"Fuck the plan," Cody says as he charges up to Michael to knock him off of Ralph.

"Why didn't you just shoot him?" Ralph asks.