Cheshire!Naib x Reader

For a while now, you have sworn that you felt a presence close to you, watching each tiny of your movement.

From the corner of your eyes, you can catch glimpses of blue if you got lucky that is.

Sometimes a purr can be heard next to your ear.

Coming to the conclusion that you are haunted by a cat, you were about to smack yourself. Just a tiny wake up call, incase you might have lost it.

To be fair, nights slowly turned to days for you. Each new sunrise, your sleeping schedule shifted further back. Staying awake until the early hours, hearing the birds' soft melodies, you were working on tiny projects you set up for yourself.

Enjoying your own craftsmanship time way too much as your breaks. But it also sells well. Finding a passion which also allows you to live from it. You might not have much but you enjoy the small things in life. And those bring up such an innocent and childlike sprinkle into your life, any millionaire would become green of envy by seeing the smile which rose on your face with each new tiny addition of joy entering your life.

It was another sleepless night, head buzzing with thoughts. Your muse left you for a week now but thankfully you have enough commissions and orders to keep yourself busy and well fed.

Taking a glance outside, you saw the full moon in its' whole beauty. Painting light through the streets and windows. Stars, thrown into the dark blue ocean, accompanied their fellow friend. It was quiet and surprisingly not too cold as it normally would be, so you kept your window open to take in some fresh breaths of the night air.

You just closed your eyes as you felt something soft brushing past your right cheek. Immediately turning around and scanning the room, you found nothing. As if a ghost of a fluffy tail flew past you.

„We have a beautiful moon tonight, don't you agree ?"

Clasping a hand on your chest your head quickly turned to see two pair of bright blue eyes starring into yours. You were about to poke one of the blue marbles before they disappeared again. Blinking or rubbing your eyes didn't reveal the sight you have just witnessed, so you were sure that it was the lack of sleep which was getting onto you. This or the drastic amount of fresh oxygen streaming through your veins acting like hallucinogen.

Just as you closed the window again and were prepared to turn the light off, a head bopped out from above of you. Letting out a muffled shriek, you found yourself on your carpet, shaking from the scare and man who was floating through the air like Peter Pan himself. He looked more like a prince in his attire. Peter would be jealous.

Many golden accessoires, chains and a cape were attached to his uniform. Paws blue and grey, matching his hair color and ears. Tail flicking from side to side and a sharp-toothed grin, spread among his face with the corners of his lips stitched together. You could spot another small pair of eyes approaching you. Once close they reveal to be a tiny floating kitten, holding the same facial expression as the man in front of you.

Before you could find any words to stutter out, the male bowed down and introduced himself as The Cheshire Cat. You didn't know who or what it was but it certainly made you very uncomfortable that a stranger was calmly gliding through the air, licking his paws along with his cat companion.

„I've watched you for a while (Y/N)." he just started to appear everywhere and nowhere. Sometimes you spotted the familiar tail which caught you off guard for these past weeks. Sometimes just blue stripes twirling around. Other times, just his eyes piercing onto your form.

„You have quiet the presence to you...but maybe that is more negative than positive ?" he sat down right in front of your face, eyes glittering in the moon light.

You couldn't grasp the feeling properly but you found yourself hypnotised by the gaze of the man. You couldn't read him, not through his eyes, neither from his expression. They only held...curiosity and a twinkle or worry.

„We shall meet again, my moon."

Gently cupping your hand with his paws, he gave it a chaste kiss on the knuckles and left, leaving behind one last bright smile which poofed into smoke once you regained some type of control over your body.

Any type of exhaustion left your body like mist as you went on to grab a paper and a pen to note down the inspirations and ideas you just got ducked into your head. You weren't sure if it was real or not but these notes shall help you back on your feet for now. And if it was actually just a fewer dream...then these blue eyes, starring at your unaware form, shall enjoy the view and mischief a bit longer which they created.

Until we meet again, (Y/N). ✧*:・゚