11.

| B R O O K L Y N |

I fixed my gray sweatshirt before looking at myself in the mirror. I was wearing black shorts since it was a little bit warm today, and a gray sweatshirt which I tucked in a little. My hair was in a french braid since I didn't feel like doing anything with it.

I had to wear a sweatshirt because of the huge bruise the bit left. It was still in the shape of the bite, but it was dark purple and blue.

I put on my black Vans before spraying on the perfume to cover my scent. I put on my bracelet, and I grabbed my phone and bag. Then I left my room, heading to the kitchen.

Melissa has to leave early for some reason so the house was empty. I was still mad at her but I understand why she couldn't tell me. I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge before leaving the house.

"Hey, would you like one?" A girl asked me when I walked passed the bakery.

She handed me a green flyer.

BLOOD MOON FESTIVAL
MARCH 23 7:00 pm - 12:00am
COME JOIN US!

"Thanks," I replied before folding the flyer and putting it in my bag.

I continued walking to the school, and I saw more flyers hanging up everywhere. I guess the blood moon is a big thing in this town.

I walked into the school building. I almost got hit with a football, but I quickly moved out of the way. Quick reflexes has some advantages.

"Sorry about that," a guy said, picking the football up from the ground. He turned around to face me.

I realized that it was Aidan. He had the same reaction as me. He cleared his throat awkwardly.

"It's fine," I replied, giving him a small smile.

"You sure?" Aidan asked me with concern eyes.

I nodded,"Yes."

I heard a deep low growl that undoubtedly I could only hear. I turned around to see Grayson standing by his locker. His fists were at his side.

My heart did a little flip since I haven't seen him in two weeks. But then another emotion came over me.

Anger.

"Um, I have to go. Bye," I told Aidan before walking away.

I walked passed Grayson, and he walked behind me. It wasn't until I was half way up the stairs he grabbed my wrist, spinning around.

I gritted my teeth because he was holding the bruised one. It wasn't like he was holding it tightly, but the bruise is extremely tender.

"What do you want, Grayson?" I asked him, quite rudely.

"I'm sorry I ditched you for the last two weeks," Grayson apologized, sensing that I'm mad.

"I'm not mad because you ditched me. I'm mad because you didn't let me know that you're okay. I was scared when I didn't see you or the group show up for the last two weeks," I said, ignoring the pain in my wrist.