2. First Day

^^^^^

Also Mara is better at magic than Mal, so Mara will probably do all of the magic

***

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" FGM asked.

Evie smiled and raised her hand

"Evie."

"What was the second one?" Evie asked.

"Oh. Okay. Anyone else? Mara?" FGM asked before the purple haired girl looked up from her journal.

"C, give it a bottle." Mara said.

"Correct. Again."

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos said to Mara.

"Just pick the one that dosen't sound like any fun." Mara said before she went back to drawing.

"Ah."

"Oh."

"That makes so much sense." Evie said as Mal and the boys nodded.

"Hello, dear one." FGM said as Jane walked in.

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation." Jane said after she ran by the VKs.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" FGM asked as she signed the papers.

"Mom, no!"

"It's okay, Jane, this everyone." FGM said.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me, as you were." Jane said before she ran out of the room.

"Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?" FGM asked before Evie and the boys raised their hands.

"Oh! Ooh!" Jay said before he tried to put Carlos's hand down.

"Get off." Carlos said as he elbowed him.

"Jay." FGM said as she pointed at him.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities." Jay smirked as he let go of Carlos.

"I was gonna say that!" Carlos said.

"But I said it first! Come here!" Jay said before he put Carlos in a headlock and started to mess his hair up.

"Ow!"

"Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?" Jay asked as he ruffled Carlos's hair.

"Ow! Stop!"

"Boys. Boys! I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field." FGM said after the boys stopped wrestling.

"Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, we'll pass." Carlos said as they sat down.