Chapter 12: Wyatt's Sacrifice

Winty's POV

After I realized that I'm the Great Alpha, I'm shocked as the dream I had two nights ago gave me a clue about my destiny. I would like to go out, but if I go back, I would most likely to be caught by the Evil Council, so I decide to wait here until Wyatt and the others come back for me.

Later on, I hear footsteps approaching. Is it Wyatt and the others? I run to look outside the cave and see that it's not them anymore. It's the Evil Council, but my dad is absent. They must've known about my escape.

"Ahh", Vondoo speaks up,"Just in time to put you to death".

That's when I growl at them showing off my fangs and claws with my eyes glowing yellow and my moonstone necklace glowing blue. I expect them to draw back and fall down due to my ability to scare them, but they didn't.

"You tried to scare us, but we stand tough", said Vondoo jr.,"We're not afraid of you".

"Take her!", Vondoo ordered as I fear for a little bit, but then I realize that being the Great Alpha is still my destiny, so I howl for help. After that, I hope my pack can hear it. In the meantime, I try my best to be brave.

Wyatt's POV

As we go out of the Evil Council's headquarters, we hear a howl.

"That could be Winty", I tell the others,"She needs our help".

We start running straight ahead where her howl is heard. When we arrive, we see her being tied up by the Evil Council. What did they do to her?!

Back to Winty's POV

Ugh! I'm being tied up! I try my best to break free, but I can't, for the ropes are tighter than before. Luckily, I see Wyatt, Willa, Wynter and the rest of my friends. They must've heard my howl as I hoped they do.

Back to Wyatt's POV

We run to growl at the Evil Council making them turn back on us.

"Let her go, Vondoo!", I growl at him.

"Yeah, let my daughter go or your council will no longer exist!", William growls at him.

"You think it would be the possible thing to stop us?", asked Vondoo,"Well, think again because this girl (That's where he gestures to Winty) is about to die".

"Don't worry", I hear her saying to us,"I have a plan".

"You do have a plan?", Willa asked her.

"Of course, I have a plan. I'm the Great Alpha, you know", she answered.

I was right! I told her two nights ago that she'll be the Great Alpha and I was right. I hear laughter from the Evil Council. Vondoo turned to her.

"A plan? Do you have a plan, even though you're all tied up?", he asked her.

"Yes", she answered,"And my plan is to—".

"Enough talk!", he yelled at her forcing her to be quiet,"Now, time for stage two".

As he said this, he whistles a signal for them to bring him an unidentified cannon. If it fires, it might cause her moonstone necklace to lose all of its charge and she will die. I love her and I can't deny it. Without thinking, I run to rescue her, but not before I go to the side nearby them and then, I'll sacrifice myself.

"Wyatt, wait", I hear Willa commanding me, but I ignore her.

As they ready the cannon, I ready myself to sacrifice myself to save her, so that she'll continue on her journey as the Great Alpha. I see Vinia lighting up her match and place its fire on the rope and when it's about to fire, I quickly spring into action and I get shot causing my necklace to lose its charge as I blackout.