t w o

an: his eyes *drools* that face *perspires*

I was excited. Like, really excited for once about going on a date with this man. A man who gave me all these feelings inside that I didn't know I could feel so early on. I was excited, and giddy, and nervous. I just wasn't expecting it all so soon. I looked at myself in the mirror and cocked my head. I don't know if I hate the way I look or if find it remotely acceptable for a first date. All I know is that I've been asked to meet him at a restaurant, the email was far too formal for my liking. But I think maybe Thomas Shelby didn't write the email to begin with. Perhaps his many assistants did.

"What do you think?" I step into Marie's room and show her what I wear. My makeup is minimal, hair is nothing too fancy either. The dress is black, and figure hugging, and I've got on boots that reveal a tiny bit of my legs. Again, nothing too fancy.

Marie bites her bottom lip and tilts her head. "I love the dress, I hate it with the boots though. Wear those heels you wore-"

"Marie," I hold my breath, "It's cold outside, I can't wear heels."

Aside from being the obviously much more prettier one, Marie is also the more fashion forward one.

"No! Wear those boots you have, the other ones." She snaps her fingers trying to remember which ones.

"My Uggs?" I tease, hoping that maybe she might allow me the luxury of wearing Uggs with this dress.

"Fuck you." She laughs for a second and then gets serious. "No, those racy leather ones that scream fuck me but I'm sophisticated."

"Oh!" I run back to my room and put those boots before hurrying back to her. "You like?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Love!" She concludes.

Once I'm all dressed up, I grab my coat and phone. Ordering a lift for myself, I am just about to head out when Marie's voice stops me.

"You leaving?" Marie shouts from her room.

"Yep!" I shout back.

I can hear her move from her bed to the floor to the door. "You look grand. Call me if you need me to save you and if he's a Christian Grey, tell him you're not interested. BDSM is a huge problem these days."

"Thank you," I wave her off, "I love you."

"And don't fuck him! I know a lot of millionaires who have herpes. Make sure the bloke gets tested!"

When I get to the restaurant in south Kensington I can't help but feel all the feels all over again. Wow, I'm really nervous. My palm is sweaty and my heart is pounding. And I guess rightfully so? Most of the blokes I meet have asked me to go out for drinks at a smelly old pub where I get hit on by other men. That or just asked to shag, which isn't even anything I fancy. Once I'm out of the car, I give my fingers a squeeze and smile at the gentleman who opens the restaurant door for me. I've only ever been to Kensington once and that was when I was meeting with dad for his retirement party that his workplace was having. Not only does this place look posh, but it's got a hefty price tag to it too.

"Hello, welcome to Ceru. What's the last name for the reservation?" The hostess with beautiful golden locks of hair smiles kindly at me. She's got her boobs pressed up to her neck, and I kind of wish I dressed a little more revealing for Mr. Shelby. I look around at the people around me, they all look so much fancier than I do. Shit.

I bite on my tongue, wow, I can't believe I'm a few feet away from being on a date with Mr. Thomas Shelby. I wonder if he's here. She looks down at her tablet, waiting for me to speak.