Cursed: Chapter 1

"Cole?" Derek called, strolling into the large abandoned mansion found in the forests at the outskirts of the city

The man looked drained, completely different from what he had appeared to be before as he'd tortured Lily, as he'd watched her scream and cry.

Lily's pain never bothered him, Rose was a different story.

"She's not dead," a masculine voice echoed around the empty building. Their tone was dejected, and, as they came out of the shadows, you could tell just how much their expression matched.

A frown on his face, sorrow in his almond shaped eyes. The only resemblance of him and Derek was their height - both young adults stood at six feet tall.

While Derek had deep brown eyes, sparkling holes you'd fall into and get lost in as they softened. Cole had bright emerald eyes, ones that ignited sparks inside your heart and soon lit a fire that would only spread to your cheeks when he touched you.

The two men both had dark hair. Cole's hair was a pitch black, as black as coal. Maybe that was where his name came from. Derek's hair was a soft chocolate brown, always brushed and gelled back .

If you surveyed their actions and maybe even appearance, you could've guessed they were brothers. And you'd be right, well, in a way. They were stepbrothers.

"Of course she's not, Cole, you're supposed to kill her," Derek raised an eyebrow at his younger brother, "You know that."

Cole let out an exasperated sigh as he walked over to his older brother, they were only five months apart but Derek still held that title. "I don't want to." he muttered stubbornly.

"You know that it can't be me. Now, stop acting like a child."

Cole stared at the ground for a good ten seconds before he locked eyes with his stepbrother, "Come on, Derek. Stop being so serious. What's happened to you?" his tone was desperate, his expression too.

Derek rolled his eyes, "I'm perfectly fine."

"You've been acting strange ever since you've killed Rose."

Derek gritted his teeth, "Will you stop reminding me that I killed her?" he snapped, "The curse says I have to! It says you have to! You know what'll happen if you don't!"

A breeze swept in through the window, but it wasn't the cold that sent shivers through both their spines. It was the hushed voice that whispered from it, just one word.

"Perish."

That convinced Cole. After all, they were pawns in this game, just waiting for their time to be knocked down.

* * *

Sup! Basically, Fate of the Flowers won second place in the Golden Heart Awards, and I just wanted to thank you all for supporting me by reading. Soo, thanks y'all <33

 Soo, thanks y'all <33