Blood Of A Red Rose: Chapter 3

It was pitch black, thunder could be heard from outside, Rose gasped as her door slammed open, a flash of lightning revealing a tall silhouette with a knife in their grasp

She gasped, her head snapping to the direction of the blood covered rose. Most petals had fallen due to the raging storm, only two remained.

The silhouette stepped forward, revealing Derek, though Rose only saw one thing, his sickening psychopathic smirk as he spoke, "Hello, my rose."

She glanced at the red flower and its petals then whispered, "There's still hope..." New found confidence appeared inside of her as she clenched her fists and took a step forward, "There's still hope!" She screamed as tears fell from her eyes.

He let out a dark chuckle, it echoed around the room. Rose looked around and shivered as he took another step forward but she would not back down, she clenched her fists tighter, they were aching now but she would not show it. Lightning struck again and another petal fell.

"You're so foolish, you thought I had changed, you thought I would spare you but the truth is hard, my dear rose." An unknown emotion flickered through his eyes as he yelled, "I never loved you, Rose!"

"I hate you!" She screamed back, "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" She said in between sobs.

He took his last step and gave a sad smile, "I know you do." They were now inches apart, she looked up at his face and glared at him, "There's still hope!" She said again.

His smile turned to smirk, "Is there now?" She turned to the windowsill, the last petal fell and she gasped, turning her head back at him, she growled, "I really do hate you." he brought his knife to her neck.

She knew well that there was no chance of escape, he was fast, strong and skilled, he would almost instantly catch her. This was all a game to him, and she, she was his pawn in it. "I really do know."

There was a scream then silence, Derek stared at the bloody corpse sprawled on the ground before him, a regretful, almost mournful sigh escaped his lips, "I'm sorry, Rose, I did love you. I really did." He turned away and walked towards the door, glanced at her one last time, "And that is why you needed to be eliminated." He walked on into the darkness of the night.

A grin was all that could be seen of a figure hiding in the shadow.

* * *