CHAPTER THREE

I can't believe it. I knew it wasn't gonna be easy to learn everything in such an small amount of time, but the amount of information related to this topic is just overwhelming. It's way too much, way too difficult. I can't believe I spent my lunch break and my free time after school reading old books for a seemingly hopeless essay, sitting on an uncomfortable chair in a stuffy library. I looked at my phone, 3pm. I've spent about two hours reading nonsense. Sighing I put back all of the books, groaning in frustration. I grabbed my stuff and went out of the library. 'I really have to ask Alice, right...?' I thought and left the building. Because the last period has been dropped, my day at school ended earlier, so Bella wasn't finished yet. I decided to just walk, so I texted her real quick, before making my way back home. While walking I kicked the small pebbles in front of me around, my head lowered. I searched for my phone and gave Alice a quick call. 

"Hello?" - "Hey Alice… Didn't you say something about-" -"Borrowing you my notes? Yes.. Yes I did… So your research wasn't that successful I think?" - "No not really… I have like… The beginning and a little bit of the middle part… But the essay already is like… looong…"  I said. "Yeah, that's kind of normal for Mr (Teacher Name).… 'small and short essay'... " I could imagine her making the little gesture with her hands. 

"So.. I wondered if I maybe could pick up the notes? Last Period has been dropped and my motivation is slowly getting to its end"-"Yeah sure, wait a Minute".

She quickly texted me her address. 

"Alright, I'll be there soon… I hope" - "Take your time… Bye Vivi"

Booop

I smiled. 'Alice, you're my life saver'. I typed the address on Google Maps. A 20 Minutes walk from this position, that's okay. 'Wait… A 20 Minute walk through the woods? Like… The Woods I didn't enter yesterday….? Hm… Fate, I think.. At least I get to walk along the street'. I shrugged and continued walking. While walking I hummed a sweet melody, viewing the beautiful, clear sky. Suddenly I remembered the strange encounter I had a few hours ago. That was very strange… He seemed in a state I've never seen a person being in before. Really strange. Just like something snapped and took control, not in a good way. I speculated a little further, finally entering the path next to the street. The trees threw big shadows down on me, the missing warmth of the sun made me shiver. I finally came across a big house. I stopped. 

'Is it this one?' I looked at my phone and searched for a house number. 'Well… It's the only house around here…' I stepped in front of the door and rang the bell. My gaze went to the little sign next to it 'Cul-'. Not a second later the door opened, and a tall man stood in front of me. 'Oh that's Emmett I think'.

"Hey… Ehm… Ist Alice at home? I need to pick something up for school…" I said a little shy. His eyes scanned me. 

"...Sure, come in… " He stepped aside and let me enter the building. I entered and stopped in the entrance area. "This house is huge…". The tall guy laughed slightly. "Well… We're a 7 person household, there has to be at least that much space we don't need to sit on each others laps" I blushed slightly. 'Did I say that out loud? Yikes… He wasn't supposed to hear that, Vivienne… Stoopid…' I bashed myself mentally. "I'm gonna search for Alice real quick, just… wait here" with that he was gone. My gaze went around the room. It was a very bright House, a lot of windows, quite modern. To be honest it was a very beautiful house, the furniture and all the other things blended in perfectly.

Just one or two minutes later Alice arrived. "Hey Vivi, I'm glad you found it" she smiled and hugged me.

"Yes, it wasn't that difficult… But your house really is a little offside…" I said, Alice shot a little laugh. "Yes I know, but the silence and the fresh air is really relaxing if you consider being around so many people all the time… It's nice and Quiet for a change" she said and handed me the notes I've been coming for.