chapter 2- first impressions

hey! so this is my first actual chapter! i'm pretending that they are actual high school students they are both 17. anyways hope you enjoy! In this particular story i am writing olivia does have a mom and dad. because it's Olivias pov and not nini.

WARNING: LOWERCASE INTENDED!

Olivia's POV
It is 5:30 in the morning and my alarm is going off. i already knew by how early it is that it was not going to be a good day for me.
"Liv! Get up for school!" yelled her mom from downstairs.
Olivias dad came into her room and shut the door.
"hey sweetie." whispered her dad
i whispered, "good morning, what's up?"
Her dad walked over to her bed and sat at the end of her bed.
"we need to talk for a few minutes. do you have time?" asked her father.
"of course dad!" i whisper yelled.
I sat up in my bed and listened to my dad talk.
"there is a boy your age who moved in a few houses down with his parents and he doesn't really know how to get to school or get around the school. so i was wondering if you would like to maybe drive him and show him around school. if not it's alright i can find someone else to do it." he asked.
"oh uh sure!" i exclaimed.
My dad is a teacher at East High. I'm not sure why he can't show our new neighbour around the school, but i mean how bad can this be.

Joshua's POV
I have been up all night. i can't sleep. it is impossible to knowing my first day at East High where HSM was shot is today! it is so bitter sweet to me.
"Josh! are you up?" yelled his sister.
i yelled back, "yes! why do you care?!"
Claire came into my room and told me our neighbors daughter is my age and will be showing me around the school.
"WHAT?!" i screamed!
"josh please calm down it isn't that bad. and hey i have heard that she's really pretty too! your in luck." his sister said calmly.
"i swear if my first day is bad because of this i'm not going back." i told her sternly.
She rolled her eyes and walked out of my room and slamming my door shut. the voice in my head was telling me today will go great! I got ready for the day by getting dressed, brushing my teeth, packing my school bag, and putting on my converse. i didn't eat breakfast because i had some night snacks that weren't a healthy choice.

OLIVIA'S POV
once i got out of bed, i looked in my vanity mirror and saw mascara running down my face. i forgot to take off my makeup! i ran to my bathroom and got my makeup wipes and took off my makeup.
"no no no no!" i exclaimed.
my day was even more ruined if that is even possible. i got ready for the first day of school by doing natural makeup, wearing a casual outfit, because i don't wanna show off to much, and i put on my white doc martens. i went downstairs and grabbed my bag and ran out the door. it was 7:30 and school starts at 9:00. i had some time. but i needed to pick up Joshua.
"omg where are my keys?" i asked out loud.
i looked on the cement and there they were. i picked them up and got in. Josh lived a few houses down so didn't take me long to get there. once i got there i waited a few minutes before going up and knocking on his door. i was nervous.

Josh's POV
i heard a knock at the door. i didn't know who needed something this early in the morning, but i went to open the door anyways.
"oh hello!" said a very pretty young girl.
i asked, "hello. are you here for someone?"
she looked at me confused. i then raised my eyebrows at her signaling for her to continue.
"oh i-, yea, um is Joshua here?" she asked nervously.
why was she looking for me? i asked myself
"yup that would be me." i said back.
she looked very shocked it was me. she turned her head slightly to the right and it made me blush a little. she was so cute already.

OLIVIA'S POV
i was so confused on why he was so tall for a junior. i was very short for my age and i felt like anyone who was taller had so much more control over me. he then raised his hand because i was looking out into space. i then flinched, fell back on my butt and  covered my face with my small hands.
"hey, hey are you okay?" he asked concerned.
i peaked up and saw him trying to give me a hand to stand back up.
"i- i'm sorry for falling." i said very embarrassed.
"why are you sorry? you shouldn't be sorry." he told me in a comforting way.
"i was in an abusive relationship in Sophomore year and i just get scared when people raise their hand at me so i panic and just fall apart." i said starting to tear up.
he then walked over to me and grabbed my hands what felt like forever but was probably only one minute.
"wh-what are you doing?" i asked
"i want to let you know that i will now always be here for you. so you don't worry about anything." he said trying to comfort me.
i looked into his brown eyes and he did the same back, right then and there i fell for him. i broke the eye contact by looking at my car.
"need a ride?" i asked.
"sure!" he said as we left his house.
when we got to East High i showed him around all the places in hsm like the gym, library, auditorium, theater room, and even the roof top. i only got permission because my dad was a teacher here.

omg! if you made it through give yourself a round of applause!! i will update again tomorrow if i can! if not i will do two short chapters on Friday. i hope you enjoyed. add to your library so you can see what comes next! what do you think will happen? leave your theory about what you think will happen! i want to know! it also gives me some ideas. if you have any suggestions leave a comment on this chapter and tell me what you think. wow 1.1K words! i'm proud haha! stay safe and healthy love you all! in my next chapter i will reveal my first name!