chapter 3- pre-homecoming

hey everyone! sorry for the delay for chapter 3. i had so many zoom classes and so much work to do. i tried making this chapter long but not too long. tomorrow's chapter will be home coming. i hope you enjoy!

warning: lowercase intended

Time Jump to September of 2019!

OLIVIA'S POV
i wake up at 5:00 a.m. and i am so happy today, i can feel it's already going to be a good day. i make my bed, then i go to my bathroom and look at myself in my mirror if feeling really confident today so i only put on a little concealer, bronzer and powder. no highlight needed. wasn't feeling it today.
"LIVI!?" i heard my dad yell.
i open my bedroom door and go downstairs. i walk into the kitchen and see my dad making breakfast for me and my mom eating hers.
"good morning" i say while smiling and walking to the refrigerator.
"someone's glowing, is it you or the highlighter?" questions my mom.
"definitely me i didn't use any highlighter today!" i say confidently.
my mom smiles at me, while my dad puts my breakfast in front of me.

RICKY'S POV
i wake up and just do my usual routine i got into while being friends with liv. gosh i was falling hard for her. i wish we weren't just friends. i put on my red converse whit a pair of my jeans and a sweatshirt that's says 'EAST' on it. i ran down the stairs because i realized what time it was. it was 7:30 a.m. i was supposed to be at liv's in 10 minutes ago. i went to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle and on my way out i grabbed my keys and bag and went off to olivia's. my family were out of town for the next few weeks. i stayed back, i felt like i shouldn't have gone because if i left and something bad happened to olivia or one of my other friends i couldn't get back fast.

NINI'S POV
i have been waiting for 20 minutes for josh. i was getting annoyed. i was cold outside and my parents had already left for work and won't be back. i finally see joshy pull into my driveway and get out of his car.
"hey! finally your here i have been waiting for 20 minutes in the freezing cold." i say a little annoyed.
"i'm so sorry i got caught up with something at home and i lost track of time." he says apologetically while giving me a hug.
"it's okay i guess. i mean how can i be mad at you. also what did you get caught up on? no one is at your house." i ask him.
he looks everywhere but at me. i feel like he's about to lie to me. Joshua and I have been friends for 2 months now. i knew when he was lying and when he wasn't.
"joshy look at me" i say quietly.
he doesn't look at me still, so i pull out of your hug.
"wait, what?" he asks.
"Joshua are you serious right now?" i say annoyed.
"i'm so sorry i- it's just.... nothing" he says so quietly i barely heard him.
"fine you don't have to tell me. but don't think i'm just going to let you off the hook that easily." i say while giving him a small smile.
i was so annoyed with joshua right now i didn't even look at him in the car or let him open my door. i was trying not to lash out at him. all the sudden i feel like i am going to faint but i don't let ricky know because he is driving. i just drink my water.

JOSHUA'S POV
i look over at liv a few times, and she won't even look at me. was it the fact that i couldn't tell her i was asking her to homecoming? or is it something else. i decided to go to starbucks first. it was a short stop i got her a pink drink, because that's her favorite drink at the moment, and I got a i was caramel macchiato. i looked over at olivia after i was done ordering and she still wasn't looking at me. i felt like i needed to see what was wrong.
"Liv?" i say calmingly
she looks over at me and raises her eyebrows, signalling for me to continue.
"what's wrong? you haven't said one word since we left your house. is it something i did or was it that fact that i was late, just tell me so i can fix what i did wrong." i begged her.
"it's everything Joshy. i feel like i am losing my best friend. the person i go to for advice. the only one who knows everything that's going on at home. i just feel like you aren't acknowledging me anymore... it's almost like you don't care for me." she said that last part very quietly but i still heard her. i pulled up in the line we were in and then talked to her.
"hey! no! i care about you and you are not losing me if anything i'm losing myself. these past few weeks without my family had made me realize i can't do anything without them. i feel like they were there to remind me of everything. and the fact that they will still be gone for another 8 weeks has me in a state of mind where i just am losing myself and who i am. i feel like i am not myself anymore Liv." i say with tears forming in my eyes.