Chapter 3

The realization that I had superpowers hit me like a ton of bedding, and as soon as Buffy mentioned that fact, something awakened in me.

The ground beneath my paws shook. The trees swayed and trembled, and my brothers looked around, not sure what to make of the event.

"What's going on?" Fluffy asked.

"I'm not sure," I replied. Scared, I curled myself into a ball. The shaking began to stop and eventually, it was gone.

Buffy put his paw on my arm. "What happened, Sami?" he asked, concerned.

"She's coming into her full power, Buffy," my gerbil brother replied. "Are you okay, Sami?"

I got up. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little freaked out," I replied.

"We need to keep you as far from the Celestials as possible," my brother said. "She'll be in danger if she stays here. They can find her. We need to get her to Proud Pond."

"They're all over the place out there, Thomas," said another hamster who I hadn't noticed. "She's gonna be found and they'll test her."

I found out my gerbil brother's name was Thomas.

"Look, she'll be fine. For all we know, she's a minor Celestial herself," Thomas said. "We can't know unless she tries to leave."

"Yeah, and if she's a Celestial, she won't be allowed back here," my other hamster brother said. Wow, Sadie had a lot of pets.

"I'll be able to protect her," Thomas answered. "I'm the only Celestial here."

"Yeah, well, we'll never see the light of Proud Pond. We're stuck here, unlike you," Buffy said.

"Excuse me, but why would I even want to leave this place? It's gorgeous," I said.

"Because their horrible to us," Thomas replied. "We need to test your powers."

"What are you talking about, Celestials?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"I'll explain on the way," Thomas said. "Now, we need to leave before one of the Celestials here sees us. We're going to Proud Pond to prove you're a Celestial."

"And if I'm not?" I asked.

"Well, that would be bad for all of us," he said before turning away and heading toward the trees.