004. 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

004. 🌸🛍🍓

𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 !▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 !
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

xureila woke up this morning feeling sick as a dog. she had quickly ran to her bathroom, locked the door and threw up. it had been just over a week since her birthday weekend, and this couldn't be a coincidence. this hadn't been the first time this had happened either. over the course of three days, she had thrown up every morning. she was afraid to even eat dinner, because she knew it would hurt even more the following morning.

as she laid in her bed scrolling through her phone, xureila remembered that she hadn't opened a text yet. checking the notification, she realized it was hector and couldn't deal with him right now. groaning, she decided to get up and do something productive, as it was the summer and she wasn't going to let whatever was happening stop her life. getting out of her comfy bed that she was sadly already missing, the girl walked downstairs to the kitchen to grab and snack. she spotted her mom cooking lunch as she walked in.

"xureila, go outside or something! i bet all your friends are looking for you." her mom suggested as she spotted her looking through the fridge.

"i actually was just about to go for a walk." she stated as she grabbed a popsicle from the freezer.

her mother glanced over her shoulder at her daughter. "okay, have fun." she smiled before turned back to the food she was prepping.

xureila grabbed some cash incase she saw something she liked, put on her shoes and went outside.

it felt so refreshing to have the slight summer breeze hitting xureila's face as the sun shined down on her. she felt as though all her worries were fading away into the air, and she was free. she could hear the sounds of kids and families in the distance, and the engines of cars driving by down the hill.

as the girl walked, she debated what she was going to do. she could go see some of her friends, but she also wanted to be alone. she could go for something to drink at a coffee shop, but she also didn't want to waste her money. as she contemplated what she was going to do with her day, xureila walked past a window as something caught her eye. she wasn't sure what it was, but she felt as though the little store was pulling her, no, forcing her inside. she retraced her steps, and decided to take a peek inside the small corner store.

hearing the jingle of a bell as she walked in, the cashier looked up from the register and smiled at the girl walking in. xureila smiled back, and continued to walk inside. the store wasn't as small inside as it seemed from the outside. there were rows of food, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, and along the back wall was a freezer filled with frozen goods. going in and out of the isles, she didn't see anything that caught her eye. she didn't even know why she came in here in the first place. "maybe a drink?" she thought as she was getting thirsty. walking through an isle to get to the back fridge and freezer, she noticed something out of the corner of her eye that made her stop and take a look.

a long blue and white box with the words Clearblue
Pregnancy Test written on the front. she wasn't sure what to do. her period wasn't late, in fact it hadn't even come yet this month. but she hadn't been feeling herself lately. feeling sick to her stomach out of the blue, feeling more bloated than usual and a lot more hormonal. to make things worse, she had messed around with one of her best friends, while half drunk and barely remembering anything. she was scared. she had heard that these tests showed results within just a couple of weeks. she quickly made her decision, wanting to her out of there before she saw anyone else as the store was empty at the moment.

grabbing the box, she walked up to the counter with her head down, not wanting to earn any weird stares from the lady at the cash. "twelve dollars please." the lady said after ringing the box through. xureila placed her twenty dollar bill on the counter top, and the lady returned with her change. she quickly grabbed the bag the cashier placed the box into, and walked out of the store, feeling the eyes of the woman watching her the whole time. she felt relieved she was out of there, but nervous as to what she would expect. it only takes one time to get knocked up, and she really didn't want to be the pregnant girl who's baby daddy left her and works at a part time job for the rest of her life to pay for her kid.

xureila quickly but calmly walked the rest of the way home, and made sure to make it up to the safety of her room without her mother or father seeing what she was carrying. she grabbed the box out of the plastic bag and entered her en-suite bathroom, locking the door behind her. sitting on the lid of the toilet, tears started to slip from her eyes. everything hit her. if this wasn't just a scare, how would her family react? her friends? what about school? she debated throwing the whole thing away, and not having to worry about it, but that wouldn't make the problem go away. xureila had wanted kids since she was a little girl, but now was not the time perfect time. she wanted to have a successful job, with a nice house and a husband she loved to start a family with.

quickly wiping her tears, she grabbed the box and tried to open it up. she fumbled with it before finally getting it open. pulling out the instructions, she read through them so she knew what to do and what to expect. after preparing herself, she went and quickly washed her hands before placing the test somewhere safe where her parents wouldn't find it. she quickly fixed herself before getting called downstairs by her father for dinner. now all she had to do was wait.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

author's notes🕸
jeez this was a long one!
hope u enjoyed :)