Chapter 28: Tear Point

Timeskip

After two hours of learning absolute nothing, (Y/N) and team RWBY got out of the classroom.

CRACK

(Y/N) rubbed his neck after stretching it.

(Y/N): Guess I'm still not used to it......

Yang: What's the matter Mr. Edgy? Tired from a little conference after your little break of several weeks? Or wasn't it that enough for ya?

(Y/N): *sarcastic tone* Oh no it was wonderful, that nasty medicine arom, what you'd never call "food" for breakfast, the unsufferable "beep" sound of the electrocardiogram stopping me from sleeping and the stupid medic puns of the doctor....

Yang: Oh come on, it doesn't sound.....entirely bad, don't people say "every cloud has a silver lining"?

(Y/N): Hmph....there's no one more foolish than whose reality is blinded by the mediocre idea of optimism...

The girls looked at him blankly.

....

Ruby: ....Geez...

Okui: *With a weird accent* Oh...yass......."The fool thinks himself to be wise.....but the wise man.....knows himself to be a fool"

Instead of being irritated by the words of the little voice inside (Y/N)'s head, he was intrigued.

(Y/N): ......When exactly did you read Shakespeare?

Okui: Oh you know.....a girl's got her secrets~.......You didn't see it but I winked.

Yang: But let's be honest, there had to be at least ONE good thing about it.

Almost instantly, Yang wrapped her arm around Blake.

Yang: Isn't that right Blake?

Blake simply looked away as a slight tone of red lit up her cheeks.

(Y/N) looked at her with the corner of the eye as his face turned to an almost unnoticable red tone.

(Y/N): I guess.....*mumbling* there was one thing......

Yang got next to him at the same time a smirk was drawn on her face.

Yang: Huuuuuh?~

(Y/N) quickly looked away.

(Y/N): ...N-Nothing...

Yang jumped on his back clinging to his neck.

Yang: We didn't quite hear youuu~Come agaaaaiin?~

Yang repeatledy poked (Y/N)'s cheek as he looked away.

(Y/N): I said nothing...Now get off me!

(Y/N) tried to get her arms off him, but the harder he forced, the more she clung to him.

Without stopping his struggle, he noticed out of the corner of his eye a certain stinging look in the crowd that was moving away from the hall, Cardin, who, unlike the students who passed by him, was completely still, glaring at him.
Ceasing his struggle with Yang for a moment, he and Cardin exchanged glances, after a few seconds Cardin turned around and walked with the crowd in the direction of the dining room.

(Y/N): Hmm....

The feeling of a finger poking his cheek took him out of his thoughts, Yang, who now had his face right next to his, asked him:

Yang: What's the matter? Haven't given up, have you?

(Y/N) carefully put Yang down.

(Y/N): Don't remeber enrolling on something I could have give up to....